Introduction

Origin: Seoul, South Korea
Genres: K-pop, electronic, dance, R&B
years active: 2005- present
Labels: Label SJ, SM entertainment, Avex Trax, media asia,
               UMG
Associated acts: KRY, T, M, H, D&E, M&D, SM Town
Members: Leeteuk, Heechul, Yesung, Kangin, Shindong, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Siwon, Donghae, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun
Past members: Hankyung, Kibum
Sub Group members: Henry, Zhoumi
Leader: Leeteuk
Maknae: Kyuhyun (SJ), Henry (SJM)

                                                                      ~*~
Super Junior ( Korean: 슈퍼주니어; Syupeo Junieo) is a South Korean boy band formed by producer Lee Sooman under SM entertainment.

The group debuted in 2005, with 12 members, Leeteuk, Heechul, Hankyung, Yesung, Kangin, Shindong, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Siwon, Donghae, Ryeowook and Kibum. Kyuhyun joined as the 13th member in 2006. After the formation of sub groups, Henry and Zhoumi also joined in 2007 and 2008 respectively. Hence the group consists of 13 members (15, considering the sub groups), making it one of the largest groups in the world.

The group, who were popular in South Korea as 'variety-dols', gained international recognition after the release of their best-selling single "Sorry, Sorry" in 2009 - the title song of their most critically successful album 'Sorry Sorry' , and is considered to be the group that made it possible for the Hallyu wave to sweep across the world with a lasting impact.

Super Junior is also known to be the first group to popularize member rotational concept which was then new to k-pop industry, popularize Korean Trot music culture among the new generation, and started the trend of involving the members in different areas of entertainment other than music.
Super Junior, the legendary group whose name is almost synonymous to the K-pop industry, is also honored as the 'Kings of Hallyu wave'.

This iconic group has one of the world's largest fandoms, called EverLasting Friends, as suggested by the members themselves, and abbreviated as ELF. The official colour of the group is Pearl Sapphire Blue. The introduction line is 'Urineun  Syupeo Junieo-eyo!' (우리는 슈퍼주니어에요 - we are Super Junior).

Being the best selling k-pop artist for four consecutive years, the group received a great number of awards including, thirteen music awards from the Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA), nineteen from the Golden Disk Awards (GDA), and are the second singing group to win Favorite Artist Korea at the 2008 MTV Asia Awards after jtL in 2003.
                                                                      ~*~