1~Super Junior K.R.Y.

Also known as: SJ-K.R.Y.
Genres: Kpop, Jpop, Ballad
Years active: 2006 - present
Labels: SM Entertainment, Avex group
Members: Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Yesung

K.R.Y. is the first ever subgroup under Super Junior boy band. This amazing subunit was formed in late 2006, less than a year after SJ debut, by taking the best three vocalists in the main group. The letters K, R, and Y represents Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Yesung respectively. The talented trio specializes in a style of ballad singing.

In November 2006 the subgroup debuted under the name Super Junior K.R.Y. They had their official debut performance on KBS's Music Bank music program. They performed their first single "The One I love" (theme song of 'Hyena':a Korean television drama), swooning fans all over the world with their impossibly smooth, caressing voices.

Super Junior-K.R.Y. contributed to two tracks in the original soundtrack of Hyena with their amazing voices. The trio also performed in two additional original soundtracks, one track in both the soundtracks of Snow Flower and Billie Jean, Look at Me.

In August 2010 the subgroup commenced their first concert tour in Asia (2010-2011).
The tour continued onto Kobe, Taipei, Fukuoka, and Seoul, concluding in Nanjing, China. Over 22,000 people attended the tour, helping to make it successful.
Super Junior members Donghae, Sungmin and Heechul made special guest appearances at the Seoul concerts, as well as labelmates SHINee and TRAX, making it one of the best remembered concerts in KRY fans' lives.

In November 2012 from 19 to 21, Super Junior K.R.Y. was busy with their special winter concert (2012) that was held in Yokohama for an audience of 15 000 fans.
This is the trio's first Japanese concert. Tickets for the concerts in Yokohama went on sale on October 27 and were sold out in three seconds. They also released some tracks and a teaser video from their upcoming Japanese single "Promise You" for the first time at the concerts.
There were performances in Kobe and Tokyo in December and January. The tour mobilized 36,000 people in Tokyo, with a total of 72,000 in all three cities and nine concerts. The application for the tickets was over 1,500,000, and proved their popularity in Japan.

On 23rd January 2013 the trio with their promising talents, released their first Japanese single, "Promise You".
The album sold 40 645 units on its first day of its release, 15 197 on the second day, and 69 067 in the first week of its release hence, getting the chance to debut at #2 on Oricon's daily singles chart on first day of its release, #1 on the same chart on second day of its release and #2 in Oricon Weekly Chart respectively.

On 6th May 2013 Yesung left for mandatory military service hence bringing the subgroup under temporary hiatus. Yesung returned on 4th May 2015.

On 2nd and 3rd of the following month after Yesung's return, the second Japan tour commenced at Yokohama (phonograph).
The tour had 11 successful performances in arenas in Kobe, Fukuoka and Nagoya.

On July 2015 SM Entertainment announced that Super Junior KRY would kick start their Asia tour soon.
On 5th August 2015 the trio who are best of friends joined hands again as they released their second Japanese single, "Join Hands".
On 22nd and 23rd August 2015 as anticipated, they successfully commenced their second Asia tour (phonograph) starting at the Seoul Olympic Hall.

2016 October 11~
Ryeowook left for mandatory military service.

~..~
A ballad /bæləd/ is a form of verse, often a narrative set to music.
Ballads derive from the medieval French chanson balladée or ballade, which were originally "dancing songs". Ballads were particularly characteristic of the popular poetry and song of the British Isles from the later medieval period until the 19th century and used extensively across Europe and later the Americas, Australia and North Africa.
Many ballads were written and sold as single sheet broadsides. The form was often used by poets and composers from the 18th century onwards to produce lyrical ballads. In the later 19th century the term took on the meaning of a slow form of popular love song and is now often used for any love song, particularly the pop or rock sentimental ballad.
~..~