Musical Style in detail

*SMP
is an acronym for 'SM Production,' a style of music created by SM Entertainment with the debut of H.O.T. The songs are characterized by heavy beats and, up until 2008, featured lyrics that contained social commentaries about current events.
SMP songs are more generally chosen as title tracks and are often accompanied by drastic and influential concept changes. All SMP songs are composed by Yoo Young Jin.
"Some of the most famous SMP songs include We Are The Future, T.O.P (Twinkling of Paradise), Iyah!, Girls on Top, O-Jung.Ban.Hap, Rising Sun, Don't Don, Ring Ding Dong, and Lucifer".

*Alternative rock
(also called alt-rock ) is a genre of rock music that refers specifically to the punk/new wave-rooted style. The term "alternative" was coined to describe punk rock -inspired bands on independent record labels that did not fit into the mainstream genres at the time.
As a musical genre, alternative rock consists of various subgenres, such as grunge, Britrock, gothic rock, Grebo/Crusty and indie rock .
Though the genre is considered to be rock, some of it's subgenres are influenced by folk music, reggae, electronic music and jazz among other genres.

*Bubblegum pop
(also known as bubblegum music or simply bubblegum ) is a genre of pop music with an upbeat sound contrived and marketed to appeal to pre-teens and teenagers.

*Contemporary R&B
also known as simply R&B , is a music genre that combines elements of rhythm and blues, soul , funk , pop, hip hop and dance .
The genre features a distinctive record production style, drum machine -backed rhythms, an occasional saxophone-laced beat to give a jazz feel and a smooth, lush style of vocal arrangement. Electronic influences are becoming an increasing trend and the use of hip hop or dance -inspired beats are typical, although the
roughness and grit inherent in hip hop may be reduced and smoothed out.
Contemporary R&B vocalists are often known for their use of melisma , popularized by vocalists such as Michael Jackson, R. Kelly , Stevie Wonder, Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey .

.. Can I add Justin Bieber here? ..

*Eurohouse
Generally a vocal style of House,Euro House was developed in songs which retained a strong influence of Dance-Pop music, on the background of House music.
The History of Euro House is related to the other euro styles. It has evolved in parallel with Eurodance music.
In the 2000s, the influence exerted by the very popular Euro-Trance style over the Euro House music was so powerful that many Euro House songs from this period, can also be tagged, at least secondary, as Euro-Trance music.

*Neo soul
(also written neo-soul) is a subgenre of soul, usually blending a hybrid of 1970s-influenced soul music with influences from jazz, funk, hip-hop & electronica. It may also include influences from African, Asian, Latin, rock-n-roll and house music, depending on the artist.

*Pop
POPULAR MUSIC (AKA Pop) is a music genre that features a noticeable rhythmic element, melodies and hooks, a mainstream style and a conventional structure.
The term "pop music" was first used in the sense of "having popular appeal", but afterwards it has been used in the sense of a musical genre, originally characterized as a lighter alternative to rock and roll.

"Pop music" is a broad-term for many different types of music: The term is flexible, and the music labeled "pop" changes frequently. It does, however, usually refer to popular, mainstream music with emphasis on a catchy melody and accessible style.

*Soul music
is a popular style of music expressing deep emotion that was created by African-Americans. Music that originated in black American gospel singing, is closely related to rhythm and blues, and is characterized by intensity of feeling and earthiness.

*Synthpop & Electropop
Synthpop is a type of pop music in which the synthesizer is the dominant instrument or otherwise is highly placed in the mix. .
The terms ' electropop' and ' dance pop ' are often used interchangeably with 'synthpop', but genre distinctions do exist, especially clear in listening to more recent artists playing strident electroclash -like music.
Generally, synthpop is more sparse sounding and classically pop influenced than electropop, which often takes in dark , moody lyrical influences as well as more frenetic and less melodic instrumentation.

.. I used a few websites to get this information about music genres. They are mostly sites available for free public reference like Wikipedia, Yahoo answers and last.fm. The description on 'SMP' was extracted from "KPOP Dictionary" and the source of definition of 'Soul music' is "Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary".

I am a fan that likes to brag about my boy band being able to sing songs of any genre that is found on this earth and, ace it at the same time. So I thought I might as well see what those really are, since I only had a slight idea about them before.

I think I like SMP. Well, 'Ring Ding Dong' got me into kpop for starters and, I love 'Don't Don' and 'Lucifer' so much. Thank you Yoo Young Jin. You are the best! :) ..