High School AU

Here's the token High School AU every one-shot series has! I had a lot of fun writing this, so I hope you enjoy it!

Alec shoved a belt through the loops in his jeans, beads of water falling on his shoulders from his freshly washed hair. He picked up his towel, using it to dry his dark locks.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw two of his teammates, Sebastian Verlac and George Lovelace, approaching him. Both were in towels.

"Hey, Alec, why were you late to practice today?" George asked him curiously.

Alec frowned. "I was shopping with my sister."

They both laughed good-naturedly.

"Dude, that's pretty gay," Sebastian teased.

Alec bit his tongue as he rolled his eyes, trying to appear as if their words didn't hurt.

"Fuck off, Sebastian," he said. "She practically had to drag me to the stores."

Sebastian grinned. "Don't your panties in a bunch, Lightwood. You know we're just messing with you."

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Alec responded. "I'm just---"

"Alec!" Jace's voice rang out from the entrance of the locker room. "We have to pick Max up from karate! Move your ass."

Alec grabbed his sweater from the locker, pulling it over his head. He slammed the door shut. "I'm coming, I'm coming." He waved goodbye to the guys, gratefully leaving the locker room.

If they ever found out, things would never be the same.

***

"Thank the Angel, it's finally the weekend," Jace exclaimed as they walked down the steps of Angel Raziel Academy.

"Does Izzy have cheerleading practice today?" Alec wondered aloud, ignoring Jace's previous statement.

"Yeah, she's stuck there until six," he answered, nodding toward Saint Ann's Institute, the all girls school across the street. "By the way, I need to use the car tonight."

"Why? Do you have plans with Clary or something?" Ever since they started dating two and a half months ago, they had been spending an extraordinary amount of time together. Alec had never seen Jace happier.

"No, but it's not like you need it to go anywhere," Jace replied.

Alec scowled at him. "How do you know? I could have plans!"

Jace grinned. "You do. You just won't be the one driving."

"What are you---"

Jace cocked his head toward the gates that allow entrance into the parking lot. Sure enough, Magnus was there, leaning against a column of stone.

Alec smiled instinctively.

"Did you two not have plans?" Jace asked.

"They were for tomorrow," Alec told him. "But I guess I should go see what he's doing here."

Alec fished the keys out of his pocket, handing them to Jace. "Tell my parents I'm at the kickboxing gym and then going out with the team."

"Will do," Jace said. "Tell him I say 'go fuck yourself'."

Alec laughed and walked away in direction of the gates. Jace was the only person excluding Isabelle who knew Alec was gay, and he was incredibly grateful for Jace's support.

As Alec approached, he took in Magnus's appearance. He was wearing tight, red leather pants paired with knee-high black boots. His shirt was simple (to his standards at least): just a black and grey button-up left hanging mostly open. His neck was adorned with various necklaces.