Epilogue: Part 2 ♚

Epilogue: Part 2 ♚

Jake♚

Everyone besides my parents seem to be here. I keep checking out the window just in case.

"Baby, relax." Amber said coming up behind me and laying her head on my back.

"They're late." I told her hanging my head low.

"They're gonna be here, I just know it. Now come in here and hang with your family." She stated grabbing my hand and leading me to the living room.

I nodded and followed after her.

When we got to the living room everyone was just sitting around talking to each other.

"Where are your parents? My food is getting cold." Amber's mom grumbled.

When she arrived she went to go cook her famous baked beans and her pies.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"They'll be here soon." Amber interrupted leading me over to the couch.

I sat down and she sat down on my lap.

"I'm starving." Julius said over-exaggerating and holding his stomach.

"Shut up and be patient." Tasha grumbled slapping his arm.

Julius rolled his eyes at her.

"Keep rolling your eyes.." She stated cutting her eyes at them.

I chuckled at how crazy they are.

"I use to hate when he rolled his eyes." Sandra stated making everyone turned towards her.

Sandra has been quiet all night. I honestly think she's jealous of Julius and his girlfriend. I mean she always has been for the last few years she just hasn't said anything. I'm surprised she hasn't moved on or anything.

Everyone remained silent after that for a while.

Soon we heard a knock on the door making me slide Amber onto the cushion next to me and jump up to run to the door.

I could hear laughter coming from behind me but I didn't care.

Once I got to the door I damn near slammed it open.

"Mom and dad!" I said running into their arms.

"Julius, what has gotten into you?" My mom asked before letting out a laugh.

My father just awkwardly put his arm around me.

I haven't seen my parents since the day Amber invited them over for dinner and they acted so rudely towards her. I just hope the same thing doesn't happen today.

"I missed you guys so much." I said letting go of them.

"We missed you too, son." My dad stated with a smile on his face.

"Yeah, we flew in just to see you." My mom said making me smile.

"It's nice to see you guys." I stated.

Their eyes went off of me and towards something behind me.

I turned a little to see Amber standing there.

She smiled which I could tell was very forced.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Rambos." She said holding her hand out for them to shake.

My mom smiled and was the first one to reach her hand out and shake hands with her.

The best feeling ever ran through my body when I seen that.