Chapter 2 ♚

Chapter 2 ♚

Amber ♚

A few days later...

"Mom, I told you that his insurance will pay for all of the damage to your car!" I repeated for the thousandth time today.

"I know but you need to learn more responsibility! I bet you just let him run into my car huh?" She asked with her hands on her hips standing by her car.

"What was I suppose to do?" I asked throwing my hands up in frustration.

"I don't know but your working at the car garage this summer with your uncle Marcus!" She demanded with a smirk on my face.

It's almost like she wants to make my life miserable.

"Please don't make me work there. It smells like fungus and old people there." I whined begging her.

She shook her head.

"Too bad your working there now get your behind on to school. It's your last week and you have tests to make up." She snapped pointing down the street towards my school.

I sighed before walking to school.

It's all Jake's fault I have to work in the stupid Garage my uncle Marcus works in this summer. Me and my uncle Marcus don't get along at all and I know nothing about cars so this is gonna be the worst summer ever.

I go to Willmington High where there's a bunch of rich white kids and preppy black kids. My girl Sandra and I are the only real ones here. The rich kids hide behind their money and talk crap about us black folks but as soon as we say or do something we get in trouble.

Once I got to school I went to find Sandra at our usual spot at one of the tables that sit outside.

I decided to sneak up on her , I slowly crept up to her , and then I screamed really loud.

"Oh shit! Who wants to get shot!" She yelled jumping up and turning around quickly.

I chuckled once her face relaxed when she seen me.

"Girl stop playing like that. You better be lucky I didn't rock your ass." She said making us both laugh.

"Hey bestfriend." I smiled hugging her.

"Hey bestfriend who doesn't know how to drive." She joked as we both sat at the table.

I groaned and rolled my eyes. "So you heard about the crash. How?" I questioned drilling her to find the answer.

"You know Jake can't keep quiet about anything he told everyone that he crashed into your mom's car and laughed like it was a joke." Sandra explained to me getting me angry.

"I swear he's so annoying! Like that's not something to go around and boast about." I snapped banging my hand on the table surrounding the grassy area of the school yard.

"Girl calm down. He's just a jerk trying to be a badass but he's not." She replied back putting her hand on my shoulder to calm me down.

I nodded my head in a agreement.

"Speaking of Jake anyways. Since he crashed into my car my mom doesn't think I'm responsible enough and she's making me work at my uncle Marcus's garage." I explained to her making her gasp.

"No!" She said with her hand over her mouth dramatically.

I nodded my head letting her know that I'm being for real.

"You don't even know anything about cars though." She stated with confusion.

"I know girl." I replied back.

For some reason I felt eyes on me and my eyes instantly connect with Jake's once I looked up to see him staring at me.

I gave him a death glare before sticking my middle finger up at him.

He chuckled blowing me a kiss.

"That asshole." I grumbled.

"Don't worry about him. We only have a week left of school and then you won't be seeing him anymore." Sandra reminded me as we both got up to head into school.

"One more week." I said through gritted teeth.

___________________________
Jake in mm 😻💦

Is her mom unfair for making her work in the garage with her uncle?
Is Jake a jerk?
What do you guys think?
Comment below
Vote please
Comment vote follow

Xoxo - msfanfictional 😍😘