24: He Gives Great Gifts

Today was already feeling like a great day.

Ivey and William had gotten into town last night and were settled in Ivey's old bedroom.

Christmas was in a couple of days and soon everyone would know the good news of her pregnancy.

I think my mom has already come to the conclusion.

She watches Ivey with everything she does, including her excusing herself to use the bathroom quite often last night at dinner.

I think William just thinks she's sick.

I don't miss my mom looking over at Mrs. Robertson and them having a silent discussion with their eyes while the men talk politics and soccer.

"Well, Theo's team is sure to win the Semi-Finals. March isn't far away and Charles has the boys training non-stop. It's only a shame Thalia and I won't be there."

The Robertsons along with my parents had a scheduled meeting in Canada the same week as Theo's games but Ivey, Will, Kalani, and I were guaranteed to go.

I know Theo was saddened by the reminder last night that his parents wouldn't be there but I hoped it wouldn't lead to anxiety about the games.

He had been feeling pressure about the games for some time now and it couldn't be comforting that his parents wouldn't be in the crowd.

Today is going to be a good day because we were all meeting at Hazel's for dinner and gifts and I miss our hangouts.

"I wanna come too, please. Please, Theo. I won't say a word. I'll just play with Mateo and you won't see me."

Kalani begs Theo as we're heading out.

We were taking my car and I was already sitting in the driver's seat, waiting on him.

"Isa, what do you think?"

Theo turns to me and I smile, looking at Kalani's puppy eyes.

"Yeah let her come. Today's a good day."

He scrunches his eyebrows in confusion and Kalani screams, jumping up and down.

"IZZY IS THE BEST! IZZY IS THE BEST!"

She shouts before running inside her house and back out with a bag of her toys.

She hops into the backseat and buckles in and I laugh as Theo slowly walks to the car with his gift.

"Lani, please don't scream in my ear for the rest of the night."

"Aye, aye Captain!"

She shouts and he shakes his head at her.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

By the time we got to Hazel's, it seemed like every car was in the Gonzalez's driveway.

I park my car on the side of the street, unbuckling my seatbelt.

The Gonzalez's house was a nice Mediterranean style home, and I happily welcomed the noise as I push open the door.

"Mateo Jr. if you don't sit down this insistence."

"Si mamá. ¡La tía Bella está aquí y el tío Theo!" (Yes mom. Aunt Bella and Uncle Theo are here!)

He jumps up from the seat he had just sat down in and Theo chuckles, picking him up.

"Hey little man, how's it going?"

"Why do people keep saying I'm little?"

I held my hand against my mouth preventing me from laughing.