The locket of Notre Dame

Chapter 9

We landed and I was eager to get this over with we immediately went straight for Notre dame in search for anything that resembles a locket.

When we got there it was heavily guarded and only way to walk around would be with a tour guide we joined a tour and once we reached the stairs to the bell tower and attic apartment we weren't allowed in me and Caspian snuck away we climbed the tower and in the room was a foam mattress on the old wooden floor, lit candles everywhere, a large bell that was obviously out of commission and a box just one box alone in that big room on the floor it looked like a jewellery box we looked at each other and went straight for it the box had an inscription on it "Find the true key to my heart and unlock my life, it's very simple find the gold and silver locket with my mark the rings of gold will reveal the truth and u will be released."

Caspian opened the box and there was 15 lockets all different in small ways but the exact same they were gold lockets and silver chains and the all had a f inscribed inside two rose gold rings on the outside of the locket there was a few that didn't have the rings on the front it was then I knew which one to pick the only one with a difference the only one that felt heavier than the other you were only allowed to hold each one once according to a piece of parchment I found and as I lifted the heavy one up a second time the demon appeared in front of us she turned from old and frail to this beautiful goddess wearing a white gown, her hair was beautiful again and her eyes were gold she looked ready to marry someone she then spoke "how dare you find my heart how dare you not succumb to my will why did you not just die. My love couldn't live so why should you!" and with that she lunged for me and I pushed Caspian away I grabbed an old sword display and started defending with it while she was attacking me she started talking "your kind destroyed him your kind killed him you all decided he was to different to disfigured to marry someone like me I killed them all after they killed him as I will now kill you!" she was quick not frail every move was at triple the human speed I was barely keeping up when I saw her opening she had a pattern and I went for it I went for the blind spot I got her through the leg I was half bloodied up from being too distracted to defend myself Caspian tried to interfere but the bitch had a field up he couldn't enter. It was just us two my sword now broken in her leg and her still zipping around considerably slower but still fast I then grabbed her ankle and she tripped and fell I pinned her down by thrusting the rest of my broken sword into the floor through her chest as I did I felt the bone snap flesh rip and the blood surge all over me I was soaked again she looked at me and said "the defeat of me has now sealed your fate I will be gone but my power will reside with you and the very locket you guessed correctly will now become the mark that you defeated me Forteille the mark you may never remove will now be with you always she gave a menacing look smirked and chuckled and with that she died and her body burned up and disappeared the field dropped and so did I Caspian came and caught me before I hit the ground and everything went black.