What A Dickhead

I sat at lunch alone that day, everyone staring at the mess who was taken to Juvie. I was dumbfounded when Ceronica sat down next to me.

"Hey" she whispers.

I kept my eyes on my food,

"I heard what happened, Chase has been torn for the last couple of days. Are you okay?"

"No, Not really" I reply horsely.

She puts her arm around my shoulders,

"Look I know I haven't been the nicest person. you know Hanging out with Leanne. Shes such a Cow. Anyway, You can talk to me about anything you want. I'll keep it quiet so elephant ears doesn't get a hold of it"

I laugh.

"Thanks, I just hate my Uncle so badly"

my stomach contorts into a ball of rage just thinking about him.

"I mean, heck he broke my leg, shot me then sent me to Juvie"

Ceronica's eyes widen.

"He shot you?!"

I nod and show her the stitches the nurse just put in.

"What a dickhead" I nod.

I twist my bracelet self consciously,

"Can I see it?" She asks.

I hold up my wrist. She reads it aloud.

"Samantha Burkewood, Parole no. 23894"

I snatch it away as Leanne struts past,

"Ceronica?! What are you doing? Shes a criminal"

Ceronica jumps up,

"Sam isn't, if you knew only half of what shes been through you would know she isn't a criminal!" She snapped aggressively

Leanne looked so defenceless it was priceless.

"You're defending her?"

Ceronica looked at me

"Yes"

"Why?"

Ceronica draped her arm around my shoulders

"Because shes my friend"

That startled me. I had never heard anyone say that about me before. Leanne looked disgusted and stormed off. Everyone cheered Ceronica, it took guts to say that to someone who had such a huge capability of destroying lives. People came over and started introducing themselves to me. It felt so good, I basically had the whole of year 10 as friends. Scarlet, Foxx, Bandit, jake, josh, Alex or Chase weren't at school. I suddenly got really scared. What if Uncle had gotten to them? I would never forgive myself, I had to take him down. He was a threat to everyone, humans and Weres alike. I ran right out of the cafeteria and straight to the woods, It didn't occur to me until then that maybe Uncle was camped out somewhere waiting for me. I found an empty burrow and hid myself waiting for a scent.