Chapter 4

Louis' hands slid up my stomach, pushing my shirt up with them. His fingers ghosting over my chest then finally he takes the shirt over my head. I shiver as the cooler air hits my upper body. Louis' lips reconnect with mine, this time more passionately. He unbuttons the front of his own shirt and slides it off, all without breaking contact with me. When he presses himself down onto me, a moan escapes my throat.

One of Louis' hands caresses my face while the other presses against my hip, keeping me in place. His thumb presses and rubs a sensitive area on my stomach and I can't help but arch into him and moan loudly.

I heard the door open on the other side of the room but quickly dismissed it. Louis' staff is always in and out of his room, no matter what Louis himself is doing. I realized that this was not a member of his staff though, when Louis was pushed off of me and a large hand grabbed my upper arm, pulling me from the bed.

"I've told you before Louis. The playmate does not stay in your bed any longer." It was the king.

I cowered at his presence, staring down at his feet. I could hear Louis moving across the bed now.

"He is none of your concern." Louis shouted at his father, "I'm a man now. I do what I please. Who I choose to bed is my decision and my decision alone!"

"If you are a man now Louis, then act like one. Men do not continue to play with their childhood toys."

"Harry is not a toy!"

"Louis, you can no longer have Harry. You can no longer bed men. You must prepare yourself for a wife."

"I don't want a wife! I want Harry!" Louis screamed at the king. I felt his grip tighten on my arm. He was becoming angered by Louis' fighting.

"I am the King of England! Not you Crown Prince! And you will never become King unless you marry! I've already arranged it, and it shall happen. Do you understand me prince?"

"Arranged to who?!" Louis shouted, outraged.

"Princess Eleanor of France. She is the niece of the king. I believe you'll adore her. She'll make a fine queen."

Tears sprung to my eyes at these words. Louis was already engaged and his birthday hadn't even arrived yet. The king wanted me away from his son as quickly as possible. Louis stepped down from the bed and got closer to his father and I.

"I've met her," was all he said.

"Good. You'll be married in Spring. We're announcing your engagement tomorrow night at the ball."

To that, Louis said nothing. He only stood silently. The air was tense and suffocating. My chest felt tight as I desperately tried to contain my tears.

"Now say good night to your playmate Louis. He'll be coming with me." The king pushed me forward slightly but still held my arm firmly.

"He's mine!" Louis shouted grabbing my other arm and attempting to pull me into him.

Louis was no match for the king's strength though. I was just being pulled in opposite directions by the father and son, still trying to contain my feelings.

"Do you wish to become King one day Louis?" the king spoke evenly.

Louis didn't respond but I could see him staring daggers at his father.

"Then I suggest you release him. It's either the throne or this boy, make your choice."

"You can't do that!" this shout was more of a desperate plea than angry.

"I make the rules, my son. Let go of your playmate or surrender your crown."

Without even a moment's hesitation Louis dropped his hold on me. My head shot up then to stare into his clear blue eyes. The love of my life just gave me up. It didn't take him a second to choose his throne over me.