9th Chapter: Dinner With Clary's Family

Clary was back in her house to get properly dressed for tonight's dinner with her parents and Jace.

Jocelyn was on the phone, Jocelyn invited her to have dinner with them and Jace.

Valentine was putting the table.

"VAL! ADD ONE MORE SIT! WE'LL HAVE A SPECIAL GUEST TO JOIN US AND CLARY'S BOYFRIEND TONIGHT!" Jocelyn yelled from upstairs.

"ALRIGHT!" Valentine yelled back.

"MOM DAD! CAN YOU GUYS STOP YELLING?" Clary yelled.

"SORRY!" Jocelyn yelled.

Clary got out of her room and walked trough the hallway searching for her mother.

"Mom, here you are!" Clary spoke "Who's joining us? I though it would only be us and Jace."

"No, your cousin's joining us. She just moved into town sweetie." Jocelyn answered.

"You never spoke of a cousin mom." Clary said confused.

"Well, because you would want to meet her but she wasn't in town." Jocelyn said.

"But you could've told me." Clary spoke "It doesn't matter. I'm meeting her today."

Clary walked back to her room and picked her phone and called Jace.

'Hey babe.'

"Hey Jace."

'Is everything ok Clary?'

"Yeah why wouldn't be? A girl can't call her boyfriend for no valuable reason?"

'Of course you can.'

"Well, but actually I gotta tell you something."

'Tell then babe.'

"Apparently I have a distant cousin and she's coming to join us at dinner. Is it ok? My mom just invited her because she just moved into town."

'Ok then. I'll see you soon. Sooner then you think.'

Jace hung up leaving Clary thinking and confused until the doorbell got her out of her thoughts.

"I'LL GO!" Clary screamed from upstairs running towards the door.

"Alright." Valentine said while she passed by him running.

"Jace!" Clary hapily screamed once she opened the door and hugged him.

"Calm down Clary!" Jace said laughing "Good evening Sir."

"Well, good evening Jace." Valentine replied looking him from head to toe.

"Good evening miss Morgensten." Jace greeted Jocelyn.

"Good evening, Jace right?" Jocelyn said.

"Yes, that's right Miss Morgensten." Jace said politely.

"Well, you're very polite Jace Wayland. Why haven't I saw this side of you before?" Clary joked.

"Well come in." Valentine said and we head to the living room and sat on the couch.

"I'm gonna put some music on." Valentine said walking towards the DVD and put Evanescence concert DVD playing.

"Evanescence, I love that band!" Jace said almost yelling because the music was loud.

"Clary, I like that boy. You definitely can date him!" Vallentine yelled at Clary and a smile grown on her face from ear to ear and she saw Jace smiling too.

Jocelyn put the sound lower.

The doorbell rang and Jocelyn went to open it.

"Clary, this is-" she got cut off by Clary.