Chapter 12: Conflict

Baekhyun froze as someone had mysteriously tapped his shoulder. He turned around and saw Mr Hwang, his homeroom teacher. Mr Hwang crossed his arms and said," You are in trouble mister."

Baekhyun had no choice but to deal with it. He hang up and said," I am sorry Mr Hwang but this is an emergency call."

Mr Hwang smiled but then his words contradicts his expression," Detention today after school. For two things, Your hair and use of phone in school. You know our school rules."

Baekhyun simply nod his head and apologize. Mr Hwang then walked away. Baekhyun sighed and muttered," Stupid School. I think someone can be insane in this place."

Just then, an idea popped in his head. He smiled and walked to the cafeteria while planning a plan that he will carry out after school. He saw Kai at the corner of the massive place. He put the lunch box and open it. Baekhyun was shocked when he saw that Hae Jin has packed for him a meal fit for a king.

Baekhyun was about to pick up the note but then Chanyeol beat it to him. Chanyeol read it out loud," My thanks to you for letting me stay."

Chanyeol laughed as he read it. Baekhyun did not bother to hit him as his laughter was not loud enough to disrupt everyone at the cafeteria. Just then, Kyungsoo took the note and gave it back to Baekhyun. Chanyeol was about to scowl at the person but he did not as Kyungsoo just stare at him with his massive eyes. Chanyeol was instantly defeated and sat down beside Kai in silence.

Tao then came running and said," Yah. Have you heard it? Have you heard it?"

The rest are puzzled of what their Chinese friend meant. He kept saying ' Have you heard?' A lot. However, Baekhyun was munching his food. He shouted with his full mouth," What is it?! You think we know if you said it like that?"

The others understood what he meant. Just then, Kai wiped his face with the tissue that is available at his tray. He does this mainly because Baekhyun accidentally spit some of the food while he was scolding Tao. Kai just glared at the other blonde one. Baekhyun simply drank a cup of water. He pointed at Tao while saying," Blame him. He is the one who pissed me off."

Tao then laughed nervously and said," Well, I heard that the new teacher, Ms Lee quit. I don't know why but they said that her family come down and passes the resignation letter."

The boys are thrilled to know that the new and fierce teacher is gone. However, Baekhyun's reaction and feelings are the opposite. He mentally sigh.

' I guess she is my responsibility now.'

Baekhyun just continue eating. He then smiled and as he knew that bringing out the topic now is perfect. What is even better for him is that someone unconsciously helped him int the situation.

Chanyeol knew that something is wrong with his fellow friend as he asked," Baekhyun ah, What's wrong? You seem quiet?"

Baekhyun secretly smiled as he plan worked. Baekhyun slammed the chopstick at the table and said," I am pissed. I got detention."

Tao then laughed and said," Finally, I was wondering when the 'transfer student' treatment on you going to last."

Baekhyun ignored Tao and said Kai," Kai, You know that I have found out that Kris hyung used to study here."

Kai almost choke when he heard that. He took a gulp of water to calm himself down. He then said in a weak voice," Really? That is cool."

Baekhyun then leaned back at the chair. He sighed and said," Kris hyung took away my eyeliner and almost burned down the kitchen. I want revenge I want to grab a soft copy of old school stuff and hopefully find an embarrassing picture of Kris hyung."