Chapter 12 : A Cursed Atlantean

Ayden heard her melancholy voice. She was calling out his first name. He opened his eyes gradually and he saw how alarmed her expression was for him.  His unique silver eyes met her confusing dark amber ones.

What happen to you, Ayden?” Her eyes widen while looking on his direction. She looked at him from his head down to his silver tail. Couldn’t believe still…“You’re a merman!”

He took a deep breath and sat on the rocky cave, he was not feeling well in this old body he had. But he was glad that she was fine now. He had no choice back there in the bridge. He wanted her to be out from danger, and keeping her protected meant forcing himself to be what he was years ago-a Merman.

Ayden knew he was more than this.  Every step he took was like facing his hunting past again. Sometimes running away from it was not the answer that he’d been looking for all these years.

“Are you okay, Fate?”, he asked with too much concern on his handsome face. His hair now was a little bit longer than before. After so many years, he was backed again in the sea.  And it felt strange for him. It felt bizarre to see him with a silver tail and fins once more. “Pasensiya ka na sa ginawa sa ‘yo ni Minerva. She is a little bit of playful sometimes. Hindi din niya alam na hindi ka pala marunong lumangoy.

Napakunot ang noo ni Ayden sa naalala. She remembered Minerva’s stupid idea—to play with her.

Kaya pinabutas niya sa mga alaga nitong pating ang bula na si Ayden mismo ang gumawa nung panahong nahuhulog pa sila sa tulay. Whenever he used his power as a merman, aside from his Greek power, he eventually turned back into a water creature. Kaya habang kaya pa niya, hindi niya ginagamit ang kapangyarihan niya sa tubig.

But this time, he needed to.

For her.

To save her.

And since Cupid is a Greek God, ang kapangyarihan lang niya na namana sa tunay niyang ama ang nakuha ni Cupid. A son of the Ruler in Underworld, he was still considered a powerful demigod. But Cupid couldn’t have his other powers na namana naman niya sa tunay niyang ina because those powers were not come from Greek bloodlines.

Nung ginawa niya ang bula kanina, hindi siya agad-agad nagtransfrom sa tunay niyang anyo kaya hindi siya nakasunod agad kay Fate sa ilalim ng tubig.

Mabuti na lang at nandun si Minerva sa lugar na ‘yun. Unexpected pero matatawag niya pa ding maswerte ang pagkakataon.

He could sense through her eyes that Fate was still astonished on his real identity. Paano na lang kapag malalaman pa niya ang tunay na kabuuhan ng misteryo ng katauhan niya?

“Ikaw ba talaga si Ayden? Si Mr. Hunter? Si Cupid’s slave?”, she asked. Curiosity filled her dark amber eyes. “What are you really?

He wanted to touch her cold face to make her feel comfortable, that everything was fine, but he couldn’t. Ayden had no legs anymore to reach out for her.  But he needed to answer her several questions. Habang tumatagal, padami ng padami . “All of the above. I am Clyde Ayden Hunter.  Mahabang istorya kung bakit ako naging isang alipin ng Diyos ng Pag-ibig. As you can see, your eyes don’t lie to you.”

Halata ni Ayden na mas lalong naguguluhan si Fate sa mga nangyayari. “This is impossible.”

Yeah. Maybe this was not impossible. But not to him. He was born in impossibility. Even her.