Chapter 15 : Love & Illusions

You’re finally awake, princess.” Fate blinked her eyes for of a couple times.

She saw Ayden’s handsome face beside her. He was sitting on a small wooden chair. He was no longer a merman. He sat as if he had all the time in the world. She felt warm for his presence. Ayden never left him since the day they had met. No one ever did that for her. No one ever made her feel special.

It was Ayden alone.

Fate smiled to him. “I thought you’ve change into a merman again.”

Pinilit niyang bumangon sa malambot na kama. Hinawakan niya ang kanyang leeg. The temporary gills that Ayden made in the water were no longer there. In order for her to breathe, instead of making another bubble, Ayden put those gills.  Mas mapapabilis ang pag-alis daw nila sa tubig kapag lalangoy sila pareho kaysa sa nasa loob siya ng bula.

It was the first time that she swam in the ocean. It was the first time that Fate wasn’t afraid of swimming. It was all because of him.  She’d faced her fears with him. Something that she’d never had done before.

To trust someone aside from herself…

Pinagmamasdan niya ang buong silid, pinipilit na i-distract ang sarili para hindi mahalata ng kaharap ang pag-iiba ng mood niya.

The entire room is painted in color light blue and dark pink. Even the curtains were colored blue. There was a sense of tranquility all over the place. It looked like the room has more on vintage furnitures with modern appliances.

Fresh air came from outside. She could smell the sea. She could even hear the tiny waves on the nearby beach. This island was like a paradise as if there was nothing to be afraid of –for tomorrow.

Teka. Nasaan na ba tayo? Kaninong bahay ‘to?”  Nakalimutan niyang magtanong kagabi.  Nakita lang niya ang isang magandang babaeng nagbukas sa kanila ng pintuan at nag-ayos ng kwartong mahihigaan niya. She forgot to ask who she was. “Sino pala ‘yung magandang babae kagabi?”

“Nasa bahay tayo ng isa ko pang kapatid. Yung babaeng nakita mo kanina, siya ang ina ni Ivan.”

Nabigla si Fate. Ang bata ng itsura ng ina ni Ivan. Parang nasa twenties lang.

“Here name is Cassandra. She’s immortal.”

That made sense.

“You are a Cupid’s slave. I met your nephew who is a God. Then I saw you as a merman. You have a sister who is mermaid princess. Then I figured out that you are really an Atlantean Prince. You have an immortal brother. You have a very unique family, Mr. Hunter. I guess you are far weirder than I am.” She smiled. That was true. Ayden’s life was more complicated than she had. “So tell me, paano nangyari yun? Kasi hindi ko alam paano nangyaring ang kapatid mong babae ay isang sirena samantalang ang pamangkin mo at ang asawa ng Kuya mo ay may mga paa. Medyo naguguluhan ako sa part na ‘yan eh. There is something that you haven’t told me yet.”  Naguguluhan si Fate pero totoo naman. Paano nangyari ‘yun?

I will answer your question in one condition.”

“What?”

“Don’t call me Mr.Hunter. Call me Ayden. Mas magandang pakinggan.” He grinned.

“If that’s what you want.” She smiled back. “Okay Ayden. I’m confused. You can start explaining now.”