Chapter Eleven

Hello!  I hope you're enjoying this fanfic so far, I'm in the middle of revising it and I'm liking the changes a lot better (the first time I wrote it, Eren was automatically in absolute love with Levi and it made no sense and the plot was all weird) but it's better now!

I can't wait to see how the rest of this turns out when I'm done revising, but for now, have this chaper :)

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Ackerman, bad news.  Hanna Diamant has decided to press charges for harassment from last night's incident.  You have court in the morning at ten exactly.  Do you have a lawyer?"

I woke up, my voice groggy and my head pounding.  This was a hangover from hell.  "No, I don't have a lawyer, but I do have a headache straight from Satan himself," I replied.

"I'm sure we will provide you with one.  And we'll get you some Tylenol and coffee," he said then  looked over at Jaeger.  "You ready to go home, kid?"

Eren got up and stretched.  It was a shame that he was in the situation he was in, but I just hoped he didn't get treated that way at his home.  He rubbed his eyes and they opened, revealing that piercing color of blue-green.  "About that.."

The officer raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms.  "What is it Jaeger?"

"I don't have a home, sir."

I looked over at him quick enough to see him wipe away a tear.  No wonder he wasn't freaked out about last night.  He looked all too comfortable in this thing.  He didn't look homeless, but then again, kids knew their way around things, in his case he probably knew how to break into houses and steal the things needed to survive.

"Well, then you can stay with us until we contact Social Services.  It won't be a few days, now, so you'll have to room with Ackerman until then.  Unless you want to come home with one of us," he offered.

 "I think I'll just stay here with Levi," he said, "I wouldn't feel comfortable mooching off of someone else."

"Suit yourself."

Eren's POV:

"You ready to go home, kid?" the officer asked me.

I wasn't sure if I should tell them the truth, considering they could send me to a foster home.  I had enough problems at the last one, there was no way I wanted to go back to another one just to be kicked around, again.  But I couldn't lie, not to a police officer, and especially not in front of Levi.

"I don't have a home, sir," I admitted.  I looked over at Levi and he looked at me with sad eyes.  

I don't want your sympathy.  Please don't look at me like that.  

The cop bit his lip and scratched his head.  I knew he wasn't expecting that.  It was the same story every time someone found out.  'But you don't look homeless', 'But you're so nice and sweet', 'Oh, I'm sorry, I never knew'.  

He was telling me something, but my mind drew out his sound as I watched Levi.  Now that I saw him in better lighting, I could tell how far gone he really was.  He was covered in alcohol stains and looked like he hadn't showered in weeks.  His hair made his face look dramatic on top of his constantly bored expression.  It wouldn't be too bad if he wasn't so greasy.  He was small, but he looked like he could snap me in half if I pushed him the wrong way.  He made eye contact with me and my stomach flipped.  He motioned that I should have been paying attention, so I finally directed my attention back at the police officer, missing almost everything he said.  "You can stay here with Ackerman," was all I heard, and immediately I snapped out of it.