Chapter Twenty-Five

Before morning, I woke up and turned off the alarm clock, allowing Eren to sleep in. He needed it, after all. As stubborn and annoying as he could be, he needed me right now, and I had to make it my priority to take care of him.

I woke up at seven, because I was used to it and quietly got out of bed, doing my best to keep Eren from waking up. I took quiet steps as I walked over to the dresser and grabbed a change of clothes for the day, getting ready to shower.

I glanced at him on my way out of the bedroom, admiring how adorable he looked in his sleep. Even though he was beaten up pretty decently, and he was a douchebag for a day or two, the brat was adorable. That's one thing he had over me. I could be stronger, smarter, older, and dominant, but there was no way in hell I could change this kid's mind from just sleeping.

I closed the door softly behind me and walked into the bathroom, undressing and looking at my hair in the mirror. For bed head, it wasn't too bad looking, but that didn't stop me from washing it, anyway.

I moved the curtains aside and stepped into the shower, turning the water on and adjusting it to my desired temperature. It was nice when the brat didn't have school, that meant I could get warmer showers.

I activated the shower head, warm water spraying out of it and onto me. I didn't run my hands through my hair, I didn't shampoo or wash my body, I just stood there and enjoyed the water. I found showers quite relaxing, and that's exactly what I planned on doing today. I had no obligations, no schedule to work around, and no plans. Today was a great day.

A few minutes passed by before I finally washed my hair and body, using up almost all of the hot water in the shower, feeling more guilty than I should, considering the brat left me with cold water just about every morning.

I exited the shower, towel drying myself and trying to hide the goosebumps on my skin from the crisp air, now moving into the last week of November, which I dreaded, because that only meant it was time for December. Time for snow, Christmas, and worst of all, my birthday. It sure didn't make it any better that my birthday was on Christmas, either.

The thought of Christmas was annoying to me, because of the brat. He was bad enough, but I don't want to picture how he is going to act around Christmas. He'll probably go nuts and decorate the entire apartment with lights, stockings for the fire place we don't have, a Christmas tree, nut crackers, and who the hell knows what else?

I put on my clothes, khakis, a navy blue, long sleeve v-neck, and just black socks, because I didn't want to walk through the clean house in shoes and dirty up the floor.

As I walked back into the bedroom to throw my dirty clothes into the laundry basket, Eren woke up and sat up in the bed, looking like he had slept for ten years. I admit, I was pretty envious, but the laundry wasn't going to do itself.

He yawned and rubbed his eyes, watching me dispose of my dirty laundry. "So," he began. "What are you doing today?"

I straightened up and looked at him and folded my arms. "I'm not really sure. I didn't have anything planned."

Eren glanced outside, staring out the window for a few seconds before looking back at me. "I have something in mind that I want to do, but I'm not sure how you'll feel about it."

I raised an eyebrow and shifted my position, leaning against the wall. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well," he looked away, "it's not exactly the most clean place in the world, and I know how you are, and all," he said, redirecting his eyes into mine.

I sighed, my defense failing, yet again, to those deep green eyes. It was like saying no to a baby, I just couldn't do it.

"What is it?" I asked.