Chapter 6: Jealousy

5 days later

Toni smiled at Richard, he smiled back at her as they walked out his office, she tried everything in her to forget about what happened between her and Kenny, but it was very hard. She loved that man with all her heart!

"Kenny." Richard cheered.

Toni snapped out of her thoughts, she rubbed her lips together and looked up at Kenny. He held a stack of papers in his hands and Richard was just on his way out to his next meeting.

She was just on her way out. Kenny looked at Toni and had no type of expression on his face, their eyes met and she quickly looked away.

****************

"You need to stop working, I swear you just overwork yourself."

Richard walked into Kenny's office, he was on his way out. Kenny looked up and chuckled.

"I have no wife at home, I don't have any kids. Work is the only friend I still have..." Kenny said, typing down on his PC.

He didn't bother to look up at Richard. Kenny's iPhone rang and he looked over at the screen and it was Melanie.

"Your sister." He chuckled. He sent her straight to voicemail.

"Maybe you should give her a try, she's single, I have a beautiful sister, and she's had this huge crush on you ever since we were in high school." Richard chuckled.

Kenny thought about it, maybe she'll help him get over Toni. Kenny bit his inner gum and nodded his head slowly. He looked up at Richard and smiled.

"Maybe I will." He said.

Richard nodded his head and smiled at Kenny, "I'm heading out." He said. He closed Kenny's door and got into the elevator.

Kenny grabbed his iPhone and dialed Melanie's number.

******************

Toni laid on her left hand side and Richard laid on the right, he looked over at Toni and placed his hand onto her shoulder.

"I swear Kenny works his ass off."

Toni faced the opposite direction and chewed on her bottom lip, she couldn't bare this any longer. All this talk about Kenny just made her heart ache even more.

She got out of bed and went into the bathroom.

"Is everything okay Toni?"

"I'm fine." She sat down on the toilet seat and cried softly.

Her heart was tormented. She buried her face in her hands and soft cries left her body, she shook from each cry that left her body.

Her mothers words repeated in her head, playing over and over again.

"But... I love him." She mumbled.