Chapter 15: Ego

Toni stretched her arms and smiled at a sleeping Kenny, the sheet was loosely wrapped around her body but tightly around his. He laid on his chest with his face turned to her. Toni quietly slipped out his bed and grabbed his shirt off the ground throwing it over her naked flash. She walked into the bathroom and cleared out her urine. She washed her hands and checked the time.

14:58 p.m.

It was still early. Toni thought. She walked out his bedroom and decided to cook her boo, some lunch.

Toni had decided to prepare Kenny some Garlic Alfredo Tilapia. She got all her ingredients and began to cook away.

*************

Toni placed the tray of food onto his drawer and climbed onto the bed straddling his back. She leaned forward and placed wet kisses on his cheek.

Kenny smiled as his eyes began to slowly open.

"I'm up." He said.

Toni climbed off him and giggled at him. Kenny scrunched his nose up and inhaled the aroma.

"What's that smell?" He smirked at Toni. "Is it you?" He pushed himself up and pulled her into him.

He began to tickle her and Toni began to squeal uncontrollably.

"No!" She shouted, as he stopped tickling her. "I cooked you a meal, to let you know that am proud for everything you do for me and for yourself."

"Really?" He smirked, running his hand down her thigh.

Toni nodded her head smiling. "Yes." She smiled, "I love you." She added, pecking his lips.

"I made you. Some Garlic Alfredo Tilapia."

Kenny smiled at Toni. She got up and brought the tray towards him, she placed it in front of him on the bed and crawled into the bed along with him, and cuddled into him.

"Let me feed you my king." Toni smirked, she picked the fork up and cut a piece of the fish and fed it to him.

"God that tastes delicious." Toni blushed, "but you taste better." Kenny smirked chewing down on his piece of fish.

Toni grinned and looked away, "no, seriously where did you learn to cook like this?" He asked Toni, as Toni fed him another piece of fish with some ride and broccoli together.

"My grandma."

"The rich girl can cook." He grinned, pecking her lips quickly.

Toni pushed at his shoulder, "just because I come from a rich background does not mean I cannot cook, okay?" She said popping her lips.

Toni fed Kenny the last bit of his meal and placed the tray onto her side of the nightstand.

"Okay babe, now come give your king some dessert." Kenny smirked.

Toni bit her lips as she pulled the covers off of Kenny.

**********************

Toni sat in Aliyah's car as she drove Toni home.

"I swear he makes me feel so much happier, am so much more alive. And he doesn't care if am dressed to impress or if am wearing any makeup. He just loves me for me." Toni said looking out the window starring at nothing in particular.

"It makes me so happy knowing there's a man who actually loves you more than you love him." Aliyah smiled looking at the road.

"And to make things even better, he doesn't talk about work, at all. He doesn't even bring up the fact that I still haven't gotten a divorce--" Toni stopped talking and sighed. "I swear to God! I would've gotten a divorce 4 years ago." Toni admitted.

Aliyah came to a stop and looked over at Toni. "Toni. You love him right?" Aliyah asked.

"More than my own life." Toni admitted.

Aliyah shook her head, "then just divorce Richard--"

"But it's not that easy." Toni murmured.

"Yes it is!" Aliyah shouted, "am sick and tired of your mom telling you what to do, you didn't want a huge wedding but she insisted, you didn't want that dress but she insisted. It's your life Toni. Get your ass up and leave that marriage." Aliyah said frustratedly.

Toni looker over at her best friend in complete shock.

"Stop letting her pull you around like a damn dog on a leash!" Aliyah shouted, she drove once again and focused her attention back on the road.

"That man doesn't deserve to be loved behind closed doors. He deserves to be showed off, because if his willing to do all this for you. Then Toni he really loves you." Aliyah said placing her hand onto Toni's. "And am your best friend, I love you to, and I just want what's best for you. If your mother really cares and loves you like she says then she'll understand why your doing this."

"But she doesn't believe in divorces--"

"That's a whole bunch of bullshit Toni." Aliyah confessed. "Everyone believes in divorces, but if your clearly happy you wouldn't get one, in this case your not. So get one."

Aliyah looked over at Toni and pecked her friends cheek. "Here's your stop. Remember, am supporting you either way."

"Even if I stay or go?"

"Mostly if you go, but yeah." Aliyah shrugged.

Toni swallowed her saliva and weakly smiled at her friend. "Bye A!" She shouted going up the steps.

Should Toni stay? Or should she go?...