Chapter 17: Sorry!

Richard looked at Toni and scrunched his face at her. She looked way and avoided eye contact.

"What did you just say?"

"I said, I would never do such a thing." Toni said barely above a whisper looking down at the ground.

"That's not what you said." Richard said. "What's that?" He asked pointing at the Tiffany&Co box in her hand.

"Nothing." She said throwing her hand behind her back. Toni looked away and felt the tears pierce her eyes.

"Look at me Toni." He said solemnly.

Toni slowly lifted her head up and looked at Richard. "I'm not unfaithful." She whimpered.

Richard had no facial expression on his face, he took a glance at her and walked up the stairs.

"That's what unfaithful women say."

Toni broke down in tears, she heard the front door slam closed and jumped, Kenny had left. He actually thought she was about to tell Richard  the whole entire truth.

Once again... He felt so betrayed!

*******************

4 days later:

"Are you cheating on me Toni?"

Toni froze in her tracks and slowly turned around, "w-what?" She stuttered.

She was shaking with fear.

"Is there another man?" Richard asked, calmly standing up from the bed he was sitting on.

He turned and faced a fearful Toni. She swallowed her saliva and looked away.

"No." She whispered.

"Are you sure?" He asked again.

"Yes. What makes you ask these things?" Toni murmured. Looking up at him.

"Toni." He began. "Look me in my eyes and tell me there's no other man but me." He said.

A tear rolled down her face and she broke down into tears. "There's no other man," she cried out.

"Look me in my eyes."

Toni shook her head, "I can't do this." She stormed past him but he grabbed her by her wrist before she could even reach the door.

"Look me in my eyes." He said calmly.

Toni looked up slowly lifting her head and looked him in his eyes. It was silent before Toni spoke.

"I can't believe after 9 years of marriage you're starting to question me now?" She mumbled, "I am faithful to you, I--" she trailed off. "I am not cheating on you Richard." She said calmly.

He stayed silent and just nodded his head, "okay then." He let go of her wrist and walked into the bedrooms bathroom.