Chapter 1 - Meeting

~3rd Person POV~

Len looked to his left. Nothing.

He glanced to his right. Still empty.

'Why?' He thought to himself, the painfully plain white walls seeming to be mocking him in some way. 'What happened...?'

He attempted to stretch his arms out, but he only met with pain. His shoulder blades couldn't take it anymore. The handcuffs chaining his arms together behind his back were hurting his wrists as well. By now, he was sure he had bruises.

How long had it been? He didn't know.

"Kagamine," a voice called out to him through a small slit in the wall where visitors or staff would talk to him.

"What?" Len spat, growing irritated at that one simple word.

Kagamine. He wasn't that anymore. His family had disowned him after what happened. He couldn't go back, so even if he had somehow managed to escape, no one would be there for him.

"You're being sent to live with someone who will help you. You will be escorted with two officers. Do not make any sudden movements or we will not hesitate to shoot."

Len glared up at the little slit in the wall. He didn't have much energy left anyway, so what was the point of making any sudden movements?

The two officers held onto his arms tightly as they pulled him to his feet, adding to the pain he was already dealing with.

Len stayed quiet and obedient as they made their way outside and into a police car. It had been a while since he had been outside, so he didn't remember most of the smells. However, the officers didn't give him a moment to even take them in anyway.

The officers took him to a small house in a remote part of the woods, and it had already gotten dark by then. It was a strange sight for Len, because he hadn't remembered what darkness was like. He never got it. The only get away from the light he had was when he closed his eyes.

The officers roughly pulled him out of the car and knocked at the front door. Light footsteps could be heard before the door swung open and a boy who looked about fifteen stood in the doorway.

"Hmm?" He asked, glancing up at the officers. "Another?"

The officers nodded and shoved Len roughly towards the boy, who caught him easily.

"Thank you~!" He called happily to the officers as he shut the door. They didn't move though, so Len assumed that they were standing guard in case he tried to escape.

The boy looked down at Len's handcuffs and frowned. "Jeez, how do they expect you to learn if they can't trust you?" He sighed and crossed his arms. "Guess there's nothing I can really do about that...." He shook his head and smiled at Len. "Name's Oliver. You?"

Len glared at the kid named Oliver and only said what he had to. "Len."

"Len, huh? That's a nice name." Oliver clasped his hands together. "Here, I'll show you where you're going to be sleeping." He smiled and started walking off, Len reluctantly following behind.

'What's with this kid? Why's he so happy? Jeez, it pisses me off....' Len scowled and looked around the room that he had been brought to. It wasn't as plain as the white room he had been in before, but it was still quite simple.

The walls were a light red color with some beige. It kind of reminded Len of...blood.

"So, what do you think?" Oliver happily glanced up at Len, awaiting his response.

"...It's okay," was all he said, not wanting to speak at all. He wanted to be left alone and think. That's all he wanted. There was nothing else. Why was it so hard to give him that simple wish?

"Good! I'm glad! I painted it myself!" Oliver jumped a bit when Len had said that, looking extremely happy.

'This kid painted the room all by himself, huh? What a hard worker he must be. Just pisses me off even more....' Len walked around the room a bit, looking at everything. Every little detail. He even noticed a stitch in a teddy bear's arm from across the room, no matter how much it blended in with the bear's fur.

"You've got good eyes, huh?" Oliver smiled at Len.

Len flinched slightly. 'I didn't....'

"You looked intrigued," Oliver said, rocking back and forth on his feet.

'This kid....' Len shook his head, biting his lip as his thoughts trailed off.

"...'is strange', right?"

Len's head shot up at the unexpected thing Oliver had said. "How did you...?"

Oliver shook his head. "It's not wrong to think I'm strange. It is true...." He smiled sadly, sighing and quickly bringing a cheerful aura back to himself once again. "But we're not here to talk about me. We're here to talk about you."

"No, I think I'd like to hear more about you at the moment." Len narrowed his eyes a bit at Oliver, who only smiled back at him. 'I guess I'll have to watch what I think now too, huh...?'

"Why would you need to do that?" Oliver raised an eyebrow at Len, and gave a slight pout. "Surely you wouldn't think anything bad, right?"

Len flinched again, honestly a bit confused with which type of bad Oliver had been referring to. However, he just ignored it. "Of course not," he replied bluntly, keeping a steady glare at Oliver.

"That's good!" Oliver beamed, nodding his head enthusiastically. "You see, I wouldn't wanna have to resort to drastic measures or anything right at the start."

Len raised an eyebrow. "Drastic measures...?" He repeated, adding a more perplexed tone than when Oliver had said it.

"Well, you won't have to find out unless you misbehave, so here's to hoping I guess." Oliver shook a fist up and down a bit as a cheerful gesture of some sort and Len just sighed heavily.

'This kid really is...strange. Maybe...in a good way...?'