Chapter 5: The Girl in the Mirror

Dedicated to sharugk
Chapter 5: The Girl n the Mirror

"So, who is your favourite artist?"

"Ah, it's Coldplay."

Nodding at her answer, I puffed my cheeks due to hours of talking. It had been almost five hours since Sarah arrived, and believe it or not, we were talking non-stop. Well, of course leaving Johanna who left the house for some important work. As the hours had passed, slowly all of the agents had left the room, and at some point, even Jack and Luke left the room without us noticing.

So, now it was just Sarah and me. We had been talking like we knew each other for eternity, and had successfully become best-chums. All of us had eaten the supper during the noon and that was the only thing my stomach had right now. Back at home, I used to be snacking almost every minute but, it seemed quite inappropriate to ask for snacks here. I mean come on, if you saw the quantity of food they took and the quantity I took, their plate was not even half covered while my food was almost flooding off the edge.

"Ash, you look tired," Sarah said. "It literally looks like you'll faint if you talk more."

I gave her a tired smile, and got up from the couch drowsily. She gave me a mocking salute and got up herself, making her way to the investigation room.

I halted in my steps, when I rechecked what I thought. 'She went towards the investigation room'

Something like a brick rose through my throat, making it almost hard to breathe. It was as if pebbles had been embedded in my throat, making it feel heavy. So that was why she was glancing at her phone continuously. I was offended by her actions now. Yes, I had noticed her glancing towards her phone right before she had made her way to the investigation room. I had noticed her doing it many times during our conversations but, I had shrugged it off.

'God, I sound like a boy who just had his break-up'

Sighing I make my way out of the living room and yet again halt in my steps. Such a genius I'm for knowing where my room is. Not the sarcasm.

I make my way to the second floor, as I know that the rooms are there.

Well, let's find my room.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Apparently, I had reached my room in the time period of several seconds, as my suitcase was kept in the first room. I ran my fingers through my dark brown hair, pulling at them aggressively. Shaking my head I tumbled over the small twin bed, covered by clean and soft light pink coloured bed sheet. On the side of the pillow, laid soft pink colour blanket and the pillows themselves looked like as soft as feathers considering it was made of feathers.

I frowned at the clean looking room, with plain white walls and a bathroom on the right side of the bed, in which I did not even look up to walk, knowing well that how plain it would be too. On the left side, stood the large walk-in closet, I was delighted to see. Honestly, as a girl it was hard for me change in my room or bathroom as while dressing in my room, my bed always got wet due to my hair sprinkling water droplets on it.

As for dressing in bathroom, I tried it when I was 12 and after that day, I promised to never do it. What happened was this that, while I was putting my way through my jeans, I put a hand on the wall to support me and when the jeans was not getting past my butt, cussing I pushed a little too hard on the wall and the tile was very slippery. So, as predicted I fell on the hard, cold tiles and it would be safe to say that my butt had swollen like it happens in Annime, when someone hits someone on the head and there is a mountain like thingy rising from their head. My mom asked me whether I was trying to beat Kim Kardashian in the booty battle.