Chapter 7: The Investigation [Part2]

Chapter 7: The Investigation [Part 2]

THIRD PERSON POV

"I don't understand Allen."

Allen nodded absentmindedly towards the question. Helen felt the pit inside her stomach becoming deeper at the way Allen dodged Jessie's question.

It had been only a few minutes that Helen and Jessie had escorted a hysterical Ashley back to her room. They had, miraculously, made her quite and serene in a span of seconds and tucked her into her bed to sleep. The duo had kissed each side of her cheek and patted her head before making their way back to the investigation room.

Jessie had shut the door and lights of Ashley's room, before walking quite clumsily downstairs.

When they reached there, it would be best to say that except Sarah, the other human beings there looked no less than Cougars.

Allen was pulling at his hair, Logan was cursing at Johanna about something and Johanna was while ignoring him, banging his fist on Sarah's computer table. If Helen hadn't shouted 'Jessie's boyfriend is Luke', she was sure that the three psychopaths would have been fighting for days and her arm wouldn't be stinging with the claw mark Jessie left on it.

She had glared at Helen and slapped Logan hard on the face, when he had been leaving the room shouting Luke's name.

"He isn't! Helen is being insensible." Jessie had said while glaring off her eyes.

So, that is how they all ended up sitting around the dining table, with Jessie was analyzing the list that Sarah currently taken out.

"What is it, Jess?" she asked.

"Helen, these people who travelled to Malabar, are all smugglers or gangsters!"

"I don't know how that's possible Johanna..." Logan trailed off in his sentence and hard lines appeared on his forehead. "Hey, do you guys remember that smuggling racket case. It was informed to us that its centre would be somewhere in India an-"

"It's a trap, log," Helen said. "Isn't your brain working?"

"She is right log," Allen said. "Why in the heavens would those people register themselves as criminals? And by the way, Ashley told me that these guys were like the modern version of Mother Terresa."

"Okay, the mother is fine to be imagined that way, but the father-"

"Cut the crap," Helen said pulling at his shirt. "The thing is that someone has clearly messed up with the list. Whoever did this, clearly knew what they are playing at."

"Ashley had said that after Danny's parent's death, all their property was named after him. Meaning that everything that his parents claimed was his now. According to Ashley's point of view, Danny's grandparents had hired a woman named Claire Degrossi who played the role of the main maid there, as she was Danny's care taker. Ashley said that she had met Claire herself and believes that the woman has a warm heart. Does this ring any bells in your senses, guys?"

"Helen! That's a total bullsh*t theory," Jessie cried unbelievingly. "Those are his grandparents!"

"Jessie cool down," Helen said. "Even parents turn against their own kids, and Dalias and Elena Thomas's marriage was forbidden by the society, as Elena was Jewish and Dalias was a Catholic. Only Dalias's parents or better I say step-parents, supported them. You know we weren't even allowed to investigate the crime scene until we had talked to Ashley, and the police had a key to the house but, what makes you sure that they didn't?

"No spare key was retrieved, Jessie. And Johanna we need to question Claire and the grandparents as soon as possible. Because, if they are our UnSub, then all the hidden clues from the crime scene might have vanished."