The Future is Scary

Often I find myself becoming too focused on the future, and worrying over plans and relationships and other crazy things. More than once, my daddy has had to pull me aside and tell me that: "It's okay to relax and enjoy the moment." I know it sounds strange coming from me, but I have a lot of the same problems everyone else does. This includes anxiety about the future and the inability to appreciate things, sometimes. Trust me when I say you are not the only ones who experience fretting over the future. The unknown is scary, whether dealing with life, or otherwise. 

My cousin Deirgan and I send owls to each other to keep in contact. After Mummy died, we stopped going out to Massachusetts to visit him and Aunt Mairnale. Nevertheless, I consider Deirgan to be a good friend of mine, even if he sometimes questions my sanity (in rather rude terms.) He is sort of what my Aunt calls a "wild child." That means he does unexpected things at random, inopportune moments. Like getting expelled from school because he hit another boy (which is kind of weird to me, because in Hogwarts we aren't expelled even if we hex someone. Dumbledore was a very good, patient headmaster.)

The reason I am bringing this up is because even though Deirgan gets into trouble, he sometimes gives me surprisingly sound advice. He told me once that he lives in the moment, instead of in the future or the past. He still sometimes thinks about it, but he doesn't let it get to him as much as it used to. It was funny because I read a muggle comic called "Calvin and Hobbes" that suggested the same thing, earlier that day. I don't normally read muggle newspapers, but sometimes they are just so hilariously fascinating I can't resist! Like that one time there was a huge ad on the very front page stating: "Refrigerators for sale!" And really that is so ridiculous.

Oh, and the other time someone was trying to find a perfect woman that could fold laundry and do the dishes! I had to show Daddy that one, and he laughed so loud I thought one of his ribs would crack!

Lesson 15: Live in the moment and enjoy where you are; be grateful for the blessings in your life.