Chapter VI

OBI-WAN KENOBI

Reina Tautaski might have thought she was having a rough day, but Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi might have just been having a rougher one. First, he'd managed to be captured, then been whipped, then almost been sold in a slave auction after being identified as a Jedi and to top it all off, sent to a remote mining facility to work, unable to defend himself or the innocents around him with Captain Rex. Granted, not all this happened in the same day, but the point still stood.

Anakin, unfortunately was not making things any simpler. After the young Jedi had proceeded to cut through the front door, one of the Zygerrian guards shut off the transmission to the front entrance at the order of the head slaver. He was potbellied and although he looked like no fighter, was still an imposing figure. Rough features were barely recognisable on his rather ugly face. He had killed innocents just in spite of Kenobi's Jedi ways, knowing the effect that it would have on the Master Jedi.

The head slaver was about to say something when suddenly, the building rumbled and dust rained down from the ceiling as a large impact crashed against the facility. The familiar presences of Anakin and Ahsoka filled Obi-Wan's mind and it was clear that the Republic had arrived to help and Kenobi knew that now was the time to act. Before the head slave driver could utter a word, Kenobi used the Force to rip the shock collars from his and Captain Rex's necks.

"Rex, now!" He yelled.

"It's about time!" The clone replied before charging a guard and pummelling him repeatedly. Kenobi leaped up with a flip, landing behind a guard and quickly dodged the blaster fire, lifting his hands up on the last bolt so it connected with the link in his cuffs, breaking them and freeing his hands. Wrestling the guard to the ground they tussled until the Force screamed warnings in his head. But it was too late before he looked up to see the head slaver was at the control panel.

"No!" Kenobi yelled desperately, only to receive a cocky look of triumph before he palmed the control board. It flashed red under his claws but Kenobi's attention was forced back onto the guard that he was fighting. The head slaver punched in another set of orders in the computer before bashing the control board in, rendering it useless. Rex was occupied as he electrocuted a guard with his own staff. Giving the Zygerrian guard one last punch, the Jedi Master sprinted to the controls and attempted to type desperately but the board was ruined. It sparked and the light faded from the controls.

REINA TAUTASKI

Meanwhile on Skywalker and Tano's side of the battle, a growing worry for the slaves was blossoming in Reina as the yellow lit halls whirled by them. Just then, all of their comms beeped and she pressed the larger metal disc of the two on it.

Master Kenobi's voice burst through. "The controls are destroyed Master Plo! There's nothing I can do from here!"

Her heart sank at the words. Something had happened.

"I cannot move in for the rescue operation until those enemy cannons are destroyed!" The newest Master replied.

It was Skywalker who now activated his communication device. "We'll take care of those cannons! Just make sure that cruiser gets down here! We're running out of time!"

"I'm gonna go help my people! I'll see if I can buy us some time!" Ahsoka called over the shrieking sirens around us.

"I'll go with you! There are going to be a lot of slaves!" Reina said and Ahsoka nodded.

"Good luck, and keep in touch!" Skywalker replied tapping his comm.

The two young Force-sensitives nodded before running down a separate hallway. It was barely five minutes until they came to a stop at a locked door. Jogging over to the controls and hoping the code was the same to the ones they used at the palace, Reina inputted what she thought was the right sequence. The screen flashed red as a lump of ice trickled down her throat. Of course it wouldn't be the same as Zygerria. They were assholes, but they weren't stupid.