A War To Be Fought

Loki wakes up to see all his friends standing over him, including his brother who is an adult again. Loki looks down and smiles slightly when he sees that he is indeed his normal age again. His smile quickly drops. Tony has already pull off one hand restraint and Loki hurries to rip the others off, then standing to face his friends.

"There will be a war." Loki says.

"What?" Steve asks. "How can there be a war?"

"She's only a child, fourteen, and she holds anger and vengeance for her parents that were killed by a Midgardian satellite." Loki says. "Thor do you remember the direction I sent it off?"

"Of course, you sent it where there were no realms and no planets so no one would be killed." Thor says.

"We there's a realm out there somewhere and that satellite landed on Vritra's planet setting off her weaponry. Her parents were the king and the queen, they stopped it but died in the process. Now all Vritra wants is war." Loki says.

"I know not of a realm anywhere near where you sent that satellite off." Thor says.

"No one does Thor." Loki says. "We need to get to Asgard, get the army. We need to spare the Midgardian army at any cost, I don't think Fury wants them to know about the other realms."

Loki starts walking towards the door then stops and turns around. He makes his left hand blue.

"By the way, I'm a Frost Giant, are you all ok with that?" Loki asks.

"Yeah sure." Tony says and everyone nods, except Thor, Thor just smirks a little because Loki finally told everyone.

"I don't know what a Frost Giant is but that blue hand thing is pretty cool." Clint says. Loki smiles then continues to walk.

When the all walk outside, Loki turns to them.

"I hope no one's afraid of heights." Loki says. Thor's the only one that smiles.

"Heimdall!"

Within seconds there are all Asgard. Loki looks back at his friends and smiled when he sees their all a little shocked. Thor laughs.

"Alright, I'll go talk to father. Thor start filling the Warriors Three in on what is happening, Sif will likely be training at the Palace, I'll find her." Loki says to Thor, then turns to Heimdall. "Heimdall, there is a realm that no one knows of, they want to start a war, we have to get there before they get here. Maybe we can convince their queen to call this off but if not we have to be prepared for war. Can you get us there?"

"I can try Prince Loki." Heimdall says. "I have seen images of a realm that is not in any of the books. I think I will be able to find it again, but I need time."

Loki nods, then looks at his friends.

"We need to get started, all of you can go with Thor. The Warriors Three are always happy about new friends." Loki says the turns and starts walk down the Rainbow Bridge.

Everyone follows Loki, then go their separate ways when they reach the end of the bridge. Loki walks to the palace. He hurries past the guards, everyone moves aside for him to pass. Even though he is the prince again, he's still tense. He can't get it out of his mind that he might be attacked and forced away. When he reaches the thrown room he opens the door and walks towards his father.

"Father, there is going to be a war. We need to get the army ready. We will have to spare the midardians at any cost. Heimdall is already working on-"

"You have started another war." Odin says inturupting Loki. Loki looks at Odin shocked.

"What?" Loki says, his voice almost in a whisper.

"You have started another w-"

"I didn't start the first! Your golden son did! I was the only one that obeyed your wishes! I was trying to end it. And that with Midgard, I would hardly call it a war. I was stopped and thrown in prison in a matter of hours. And I have spent these last few years trying to make up for my idiotic actions!" Loki says.

Odin says nothing he simply stares at Loki. Loki holds Odin's stare. Without breaking eye contact Loki slowly opens his right hand at his side.

Thor feels a tug at his hand. He looks down, Mjolnir. He doesn't know why Loki would need it at this time but he let's go of the handle and watches as the hammer flies towards the palace. Thor turns back to the Warriors Three.

Loki feels Mjolnir's handle come to his hand and he closes his fist tightly around it. Then holds it out in front of him as Odin's face fills with shock and surprise.

"Well, am I worthy father?" Loki asks. "Am I a worthy son now father? Am I worthy of your pride now father? Do you believe in me now father? Do you love me now father?!"

Again Odin says nothing and just stares. Loki lowers his hand to his side, but keeps a tight grip on the hammer. He looks down.

"There will be war. I'm taking the soldiers to an unknown realm. I want to spare the Midardians, they don't need to be worried about war." Loki says, then looks back up. "I will protect my people, all of them. With or without your help."

Loki turns and starts toward the door. He storms out of the palace. He walks right in front of someone, almost hitting them. Then both spin to avoid each other, then look at each other.

"Lady Sif." Loki says.

"Loki." Sif says then looks down at Mjolnir, before thinking of her mistake. "Oh, uh-um..Prince-"

"No need for that Sif. We used to be friends, remember?" Loki says with a smile then laughs a little. "Ehe then you threatened to kill me."

"Yes I remember." Sif says. "What brings you back to Asgard? I thought you were an Avenger or whatever."

"I am, but there is going to be a war. Thor already has the Warriors Three filled in. We need to notify the soldiers. I'll fill you in on the way." Loki says.

"Alright." Sif says then the both start walking to the training arena.
_________________________________________

Everyone meets at the Bifrost. Loki walks up to Heimdall.

"Can you get us there?" Loki asks.

"I can." Heimdall says. Loki nods and turns around to his friends and the soldiers.

"We need to hold off war as long as we can, we will try to reason with their queen first. But if we can't reason we will fight. We must try to end this war fast. If it goes on for too long their queen will order an attack on Midgard and Asgard. She will try to destroy both realms, inoccent lives will be lost and we can't let that happen. This war was sudden, but we need to protect our people at any cost." Loki finishes his speech and turns back around.

He takes a breath, preparing for the war to be fought.