His Story

Loki stands in his cell looking over his notes. He hears the door open.

"You're earlier than I expected. But then again, children are very curious." Loki says looking at one last thing before setting his book down and looking at Vritra.

"I'm not a child, I'm fourteen." She says.

"Alright, alright, little miss fourteen. I was just stating the obvious." Loki says.

"I don't know why I even came! I don't care about your life! You're my enemy!" Vritra says and turns starting to walk towards the door.

"I was stolen from my birth realm, abandoned and left to die by my biological father." Loki says, Vritra stops and turns back to him. He nods at a chair and she sits, still with a mad expression on her face. "I was stolen by Odin, he took me in. Raised me as his own, but never told me what I really was. I was raised right along side of Thor, but my father Odin always favored him over me. The golden son, my older brother. He ignored me, but not my mother. No my mother loved me and I loved her more than anything. She tought me to fight, she taught me magic and always made me feel wanted. I shared many qualities with her, fighting skills, nervous signs, magics, a love for reading.

"As I grew, I started to envy my brother. He was to be king, not me. He started a war, though I was blamed. I might have envied him but I did and do love him. Around this time I found out what I really was, a frost giant, a monster. I was nothing more than another stolen relic. I confronted my father, but he went into Odin's sleep, he never told me why he did it. Betrayed by my friends for doing what my father ordered, with maybe a few lies I admit. That's when I tried to do what I thought my father would have wanted. But I was wrong and went into hiding.

"I went to Midgard and tried to rule them, and idiotic move. I was stopped and taken back by my brother to Asgard. Thrown in a cell and left to suffer alone with only my thoughts for the rest of my life. My mother visited, and once when she did I said something I regret deeply. She was killed shortly after, I thought it to be my fault. When I was told, I went crazy, destroyed everything in my cell. Thor needed my help, he was very desperate to have come to me. He told me he had lost hope in me and I was no longer the brother he once loved. But I helped him, what else could I have down?

"After I helped him, I faked my death, quite convincing because I was literally stabbed in the back by a monster. And that's when you come in. When you started to deaged me, I had to go to someone. I went to the only person I knew would help me, my brother. I helped his little team and even became part of it. I owe it to you. If you wouldn't have started this, I wouldn't have gotten my brother back. I wouldn't have joined the Avenger. I wouldn't have been a hero. I wouldn't have learned that it is much better to be a friend than to be an enemy. Because I was horribly depressed after everything that happened to me, all I did, and what happened to my mother. But when I started doing good, I started to get better, happier, I hope I've made my mother proud. So I thank you."

Vritra stands and turns before Loki can see her face. She walk out the door and turns to the soldier guarding it.

"Let him out of the cell, but he can't leave the room." Vritra says.

"Yes my queen." The soldier says. And Vritra walks away.

"A-and bring him another book, he likes to read." Vritra says.

"Yes queen." The soldier says a little surprised. Vritra is surprised at herself.

Loki smiles, he had been eavesdropping. He picks up his notebook and writes.

She is consumed with hate like I was. But she is starting to feel her heart again. I hope she will learn to forgive and be a happy again. I wish the best for her. She is only a fourteen year old girl.
_________________________________________

Vritra came back a week later. Loki smirks when she walks in.

"Don't do that." Vritra says. "I want answers. Why do I feel so-so-"

"Sympathetic, sad, longing, lonely, angry, annoyed, confused, guilty, ashamed?"

"All of them!"

"Because you're starting to feel again. I felt the same things when I realized what I did was wrong and I longed to go back to my old life. I longed to have my family back. I was ashamed of what I did."

"How do I make it stop?"

"You forgive, not only others but yourself. You make friends. You stop being angry at everyone. You try to undo what you did wrong."

"I don't know how you did it. I hated you, I wanted to see you die slow and painfully. But now I don't."

"It's seems you have already made a friend then." Loki says and smiles. The corner of Vritra's mouth twitch up but she leaves for she can smile. "We're getting there."
_________________________________________

"So your brother really pulled you out of a plane?" Vritra asks.

"Yes, he grabbed my neck, ripped me out of the plane, then through me into a mountain." Loki say, Nimi and Vritra laugh. "Then Tony and Thor got into a fight I was left to escape but I had to watch. I wish I had popcorn."

They laugh again and Loki smiles.

"This is the first time I've heard you laugh since everything happened Vri- queen." Nimi says then looks down.

"It's fine Nimi, call me Vritra." She says smiling.

"Ok." Nimi say quietly. "I have to go, my mother needed my help with something."

Nimi leaves and Vritra looks at Loki with a serious expression.

"Why did you do this for me?" She asks.

"Do what?" Loki asks.

"You helped me to be happy again. But why? I tortured you, I hurt your friends. I did everything that should make you hate me. You should hate me more than anything and anyone else in all the realms. So why did you help me?"

"Because that's what I do now, I help people. I probably should hate you for all the things you did to me, but I don't. You're just a child who was full of anger and fear, just like I was. I had to help you before you ended up like me."

"Thank you Loki. Thank you for everything."

"You're welcome."

Loki has been here for three months. He no longer is locked away, he has freedom to go anywhere he likes in the palace. He continues to write in his notebook. He helps Nimi with her magic, and Vritra with feeling and laughing again.