Broken

She opened her eyes and couldn't quite comprehend what had happened. The last thing she remembered was Loki choking her, her live fading away.
But now she was standing in the halway rigth outside the elevator, all alone but unharmed.
Emily turned to the elevator, she had to get to the surveillance room and watch the video, to se what had happened. But something stopped her, and she turned back, walking toward the cell instead.
She took a couple of deep breathes, this was madness, if her memory served her right Loki had just tried to kill her, she should be running away as fast as possible, and definitely not be going back.
If someone had saved her, why would they leave her all alone by the elevator and where was the guards, no something just didn't ad up.
"Hallo, is anybody here ?" She called out, but no answer. She went through the last door, the brigde were out and the cell was open.
She knew, she should be running, she should push her alarm, she should be doing anything else than walk in there, but that was exactly what she was doing.
Everything was broken, literally smashed to pieces, it looked like a tornado had been through the room.
The air was heavy with raw despaire, she could literally feel it weight her down, making it hard to breathe and difficult to think.
Then she saw him, he was sitting in a corner, holding himself like he was afraid of falling apart too, his shoulders shaking violently, like he was crying hard.
"Loki what happened ?" She knew she ought to be afraid of him, but he looked so broken all she could think about was helping him.
He didn't seam to notice her, so she walk all the way to where he was sitting, gently placing a hand on his shoulder. "Loki, please let me help you".
She flinched sligtly when his hand shot up grabbing her hand, but he just squeezed it gently, his skin cool against hers.
Then he looked up, tears streaming down his face "I am sorry Emily, so very sorry, I didn't mean to harm you".
At that moment she felt like something was calling her back to the real world, their hands being pullind apart, her fingers slipping from his grasp.
She opened her eyes gasping, the whole world was wobbling and she realised she was being carried. Looking up she saw Thors worried face.