Chapter Eleven

I flew slow enough to arrived after dark.

Remembering his scent this time, I landed in a large tree, and began to sniff the air. After a few minutes, I caught a whiff of it.

I fluttered to the ground, blending in with the shadows and followed the smell. I paused when two female humans walked by. My stomach grumbled. I could smell their blood. How long has it been since I've eaten?

A vampire should never go more than 5 days without blood. By the 6th day, they start to have frequent episodes where they go savage, meaning they forget everything about their life but blood. They can kill family members and not even know what they're doing until after they did it. The 7th day, they go full on savage, and the 8th day, they go into energy saving mode and just lay there until an unsuspecting human walks by.

Suddenly the stench was overwhelming. I could smell it everywhere. Forgetting what I was doing, I caught a whiff of some B-, my favorite, and began to head towards the smell.

The smell lead me to an alley, where I found small drops of blood on the ground. I got down on the ground to sniff it. Yep, definitely B-.

Before I could stand up, something grabbed me from behind and put a rag over my mouth. Unable to see clearly, I stumbled around briefly until a large sac engulfed me, and I blacked out just as something picked me up and began to carry me away.

***

When I came to, I found myself in a room I've never seen before. It was quite small, big enough for the little bed, table, and the few other furniture items I couldn't identify. I might have felt that it was cozy if I hadn't had been so terrified.

Ha! Me, scared. The thought almost made me laugh.

Almost.

The thought quickly vanished as fear began to grip me. I had to get out of here.

I got in a crouching position and attempted a jump. Instead of going to an extreme height, I was pulled back by my left leg with a great force. I landed on my stomach with a loud thud. I looked down at my ankle to find that it was cuffed and attached to a chain that was embedded in the wall.

I cried out in pain as a burning sensation began to creep up my foot. What is this thing made out of? I wondered, as it seemed to be taking my strength away. I slowly picked myself up off of the ground.

I froze when I heard the sound of footsteps. A figure came out of a room I hadn't noticed before. It made its way to the bed, (which was about 4 feet away from me,) and sat down. It took my eyes longer than normal to adjust to the darkness, but when they did, they widened in horror.

The human.

He captured me.

He brought me to his home.

I scrambled to get as far away from him as possible until I was up against the wall, then proceeded to hug my knees.

"Sorry... I didn't mean to scare you..." He said in a calm, somewhat soothing tone. "I just... I had a few questions, that's all." I stared at him, looking his features over.

Somehow he looks even more beautiful than last time. I thought as my face began to grow warm.

"Do you speak English? Can you understand me?" he asked as he began to look my features over.

I nodded hesitantly.

"Alright. Were you the thing that tried to kill me the other night?"

My heart sank. I'm just that thing.

I ignored my disappointment and nodded.

"The same thing that busted out of the trashcan yesterday?"

Again, I nodded.

He looked me up and down swiftly and a smile seemed to be tugging at his lips. "What are you?"

I opened my mouth to speak, but no sound came out. I tried again.

"It's... complicated." I finally answered. He chuckled as he combed through his hair once with one hand.

"What's so funny?" I asked, suddenly finding my courage.

"Nothing.. it's just your voice.."

"What about it?"

"It's so soft and sweet.." He suddenly looked uncomfortable. "I just didn't know what to expect, that's all."

I looked down at my feet.

"Anyways, well, you say it's complicated. Can you try to explain?" He asked curiously.

"Well... I was created by a witch doctor and given to my sister, who takes care of me, to help her when she needs help... I guess." I said, unsure of my own answer.

He laughed. "You guess?"

"I've never had to explain that to anyone before."

"Really?" He combed his hair back again. "What's your name?" he asked.

"Bionca." I answer.

"That's a beautiful name. It suits you." He said smoothly.

My face grew warm. "A-nd yours?" I stuttered.

He looked down. "I hate my name.."

"Oh. How come?" I asked, then instantly regretted it because it wasn't any of my business.

"I'm named after my dad, and he hates me." We both went quiet.

"You can call me Apollo. That's what everyone calls me." He interrupted the silence.

"When did you get that nickname?"

"When I was in high school, all I was interested in was music. I was real good at it too.. I still am, in fact. I played for my band in the percussian section. My friends started to call me Apollo, because he's the Greek God of music and stuff." He explained.

"How old are you?" I asked him.

"Guess." He smiled as we made eye contact.

"Hmm... 21?" I dared not to break the eye contact.

"Close. 19." He said. "If you don't mind me asking..." He started hesitantly. "How old are you?"

"Guess." I smirked.

"18?" He raised an eyebrow.

I snorted. "Try 90."

His jaw dropped. "No freaking way."

"Yeah, I'm close to 16 though in human years."

"That's awesome." He smiled to reveal two rows of slightly yellow teeth.

He's not scared of me. I thought as a smile tugged at the corners of my mouth. Liv was right, anything is possible.