Chapter 26 Not Over You

Chapter 26 Not over You

Renesmee's POV

Daddy turns to the side, his face betraying the sadness only for a brief second. I flinch at the look in his eyes because if I could I would forever shield him from that pain. I never wanted him to feel the pain in his eyes, but at least I know it's not from me.

"Daddy, are you okay?" I ask him. He tenses slightly, before turning to face me. His green eyes are guarded, but his smile fumbles freely from his face. I smile lovingly, keeping my doubt deep within, so he doesn't see a bit of it.

Jacob comes into the room at that time, and daddy tenses. I can tell what is happening. I'm half expecting daddy to lose his mind, and attack Jacob for the kiss that I know he sees running through his head. I didn't want him to find out this way. I wanted to talk to him about it. I wanted him to know that I never meant to hurt him, or mommy. I never meant to run away, or to get kidnapped.

"I'm sorry" I say simply, sinking into the chair beside Michael's bed. Daddy races over to me, and wraps his arms around me.

"Renesmee Carlie Cullen. Do not apologize for me for the way that you feel. Do you understand me?" he demands. I smile, before receiving a brief kiss on my cheek. Jacob relaxes slightly, before crossing the room to join me at Michael's bedside.

"Watch yourself Jacob" he says simply, before leaving us. Michael opens his eyes at that moment, and looks at us happily. He gets to leave the hospital today, and we can finally go back home, and see everyone again. I smile.

After we're finished being discharged, I lead Michael down a hallway, as Jacob pushes his wheelchair. He laughs, as I joke around with him the whole time. We're having such a good time, so I ignore the serious looks from daddy and Jacob.

We turn down the driveway, and I look around at all of the things that I've known for my whole life. I'm about to be home for the first time in a while, and I'm going to see everyone that I love, well almost everyone that I love, since mommy isn't here.

I force the tears away, as we continue down the freshly mown trail before us. What if I never get to see her again? What if I wasted the last few weeks I had with her? What if everything gets yanked away from me, and I threw it all away for nothing. Not for nothing; I saved my friend, and I got Jacob. The house comes into view, but it doesn't look the same. The yard is full of talking people, and they're all in small groups. I see Lucas, and Uncle Emmett. I excitedly jump from the car, before it even stops completely.

Lucas's POV

I look in the mirror, making sure that everything is perfect. Emmett is going to be here any moment, and we're going to enjoy the night, before everything gets too crazy for us to get any real time away on our own. I smile at the thought. There's a knock on the door, and I turn to see Renesmee standing there. I smile, still so happy that she made it back safely. She crosses the room, before dropping down onto the bed. I look at her, and see that something is definitely bothering her. I turn to face her.

"What is it Ness?" I ask her, and she just looks down at her feet, her dark brown hair hanging limp, barely blowing with the force of the ceiling fan. I almost ask her again, but she answers me.

"Jacob and I kissed" she says simply, and I freeze. I try to keep my face blank, but a smile crosses my face. She finally looks up, and sees my smile. Her eyes are brown, the same color as Bella's eyes. I can never really tell just how young she is, but I keep telling myself that she's only about six years old.