Chapter 18 Every time you lie

Renesmee's POV

"Michael, wake up! We have to go right now!" I say, trying to force him into awareness. He rolls slightly, but that only shows me more wounds. It looks like his leg is caved in. I hurriedly untie his bound limbs, and try to lift him up, but I don't have the strength of a full blooded vampire, and he's nothing but dead weight.

"Renesmee? How did you find me?" he asks, his voice croaky and faint. I try to pull him onto his feet once more. With as much strength as I can muster, I finally get him to his feet.

He wobbles slightly, but I put his weight on my shoulders, trying to drag him to the door. I get a few feet, before my knees gives way, and we collapse to the floor. He grunts in pain, as we hit the hard floor, and his eyes shoot open.

"Michael, we have to go! They're going to come back any second" I plead with him, but he is so delirious. How did he get mixed up with the Vulturi? Is this my fault? Am I the reason that he's been starved, and fed on, and even tortured by the looks of things.

"I c- can't go anywhere. They'll k- kill me. You have to g- go" he stutters weakly, but I have to save him. This could all be my fault, so I have to make sure that he gets out of this alive. He isn't in any shape for moving, but if we stay here they will come back and kill us both. I need him to move his butt right now, but at this point, I don't know how far we'll get. That's when I remember my necklace. Mommy, and daddy gave me a vial of there new blood, in case of an emergency, so I reach into my shirt quickly.

Removing the vial from my necklace, I hurriedly unscrew the lid. With one hand, I force his mouth open, and with the other, and I tip the contents into his mouth. I half expect him to choke on it, but instead, I watch as his leg corrects itself, and the bite marks begin to erase themselves. I wait another few seconds, as the magic works itself, and he heals. His eyes snap open again, and he looks at me with fear, and confusion in his marvelous eyes. Now, I understand that I'll have to end up telling him the truth.

"What did you just do? What are you?" he asks, with hesitation in his voice.

"Michael, I will explain everything, when we get out of here. We have to go now!" I demand, but he stays rooted to the spot.

"I'm not going anywh-" he begins, but the sound of a car door shuts us both up. I look at him, before something inside of me clicks.

"I'm a vampire" I say, before scooping him up over my shoulder, with strength I never knew I had. I rush out the back door, and speed away from my enemy, from someone who would surely kill me.

Lucas's POV

The plane finally begins to descend to the ground, and I stir feebly, just coming out of my sleep. Emmett is lying across my lap, his eyes closed peacefully. I stop moving, just for a moment so I can watch him sleep for just a few more minutes. His hand is still lightly grasped in mine, so I just watch his fingers twitch slightly, while he dreams. He is so perfect. Just, as the pilot comes on over the intercom, Emmett opens his eyes, and looks up into mine. The moment we share in that seat, at that time is priceless.

He sits up, running a hand through his hair. He continues to hold my hand with the other. I lean my head onto his shoulder, and just close my eyes to savor the moment. As soon as the plane is on the ground, and halted, we jump from our seats. I'm so ready to never sit again at this point. Filing behind the other passengers, Emmett and I finally get off the plane, and I find myself in the cold air of Port Angeles airport. I really loved Ireland, but it feels so nice to be back home, well at least the home I have acquired.