Chapter 27 Wrecking Ball

Renesmee's POV

I look around, as all of the vampires my family found talk, and share their stories and gifts. I'm over here in the corner, just taking it all in. The stories are so interesting, and so sad sometimes. A woman from Russia is currently talking about how her mate was killed because he asked a simple question about a rule. The Vulturi seem even more evil when you listen to these stories. I hate them, and wish that they would fall. The thought is so enticing, so happy. I find myself feeling very unlike myself in that moment.

"I watched him, as he looked at me. They didn't care. They lit him up like he was some deviant. I want to see them burn for the pain they've caused us all. Have you heard from the Romanian coven, whether they'll help or not?" she asked, but daddy shakes his head. I can tell that nobody wants them this time around. I remember them from last time, and they were creepy. All they cared about was the violence. This time they would've fit in better. Everyone is on that level now. The Vulturi has gone way too far.

"No, we decided not to reach out to them this time around. It was just a little too creepy last time, and some of you didn't even see that in him. I swear, they might be more evil than the Vulturi themselves. I didn't want their help" daddy explains, and she nods in approval. I'm just about to speak up, when a sound catches me off guard. Michael's heartbeat, I've grown accustomed to its rhythm, and it's racing. It's doing more than racing. He's in trouble. I look around, before speeding away, hoping I go unnoticed.

I arrive on the third floor of our house, and look around Michael's room is empty, and there is no sign of a struggle, yet here I am, listening to his heart beat out of his chest. I look around, before seeing the balcony doors open. I rush out of them, and look around. Michael isn't anywhere, but I can see the first signs of a struggle. The table is knocked on its side, and his heart is hammering so close now. I head to the railing, and look down. I'm met with a horrible scene. I put a hand over my mouth in disgust.

Someone is hovering over him, as he lies on the ground. That's when his heart begins to fade. I jump from the balcony, and land on the ground, just as the vampire disappears from view. I look around, but then turn to him. He is looking up at me, and his eyes are swimming with tears. I lean in to hear his gasping breaths.

"What happened?" I demand, but he just shakes his head, before looking into my eyes. I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes, as he quivers in my arms. This cannot be happening.

"Renesmee... I want you to be happy. I want... I want you to be with... to be with Jacob" he says, as his breath catches. I watch in that moment, as the light leaves his eyes. I break down, right there. I begin to cry. After all of that, after all the rescuing. He just dies? Someone joins me at that moment, but I can't even see who it is. They wrap their arms around me, but I never let go of him. I never let go. Someone finally pulls me away from him, and I'm forced inside gently. I'm shaking, and that's when I realize it was raining.

I'm led inside, by Lucas, and he keeps talking. He's telling me that it'll all be okay, and they're going to find out who did this. His words are useless, as he leads me to my room. That's when Auntie Alice comes in. She helps me take my blood soaked shirt off. She replaces it with a fresh one. I know they're all trying to help, but only two things could help me right now. One would be him coming back to life, and the other would be my mommy being here to hold me. Neither one is happening, so I have one more thing to blame the Vulturi for. They need to go.

Lucas's POV

"Is she okay?" Emmett asks, as I come into our room. I just left Renesmee behind for Alice to help. She was still shaking.