The Encounter -Matt

It was like any other day. Same classes, same teachers, same people, that was until third block. My teacher, Mr. Sands, introduced a new student.

He looked like an ordinary boy, dusty blonde hair, sky blue eyes, with little muscle to him. He wore dark jeans, a purple hoodie and purple vans. He was told to tell the class his name and a little about himself. He gives off an interesting aura I found myself leaning on the edge of my seat, listening for his voice.

"My name is Jace Wilson" There was a shine in his mouth, he has a full mouth of braces, "I just moved here from Russia with my father. I am excited to be in America."

"Thank you Mr. Wilson, please take a seat next to Amy. Amy raised your hand." Amy, my beautiful girlfriend raises her petite hand and the boy slumps down in the seat next to her, "Now back to the lesson. Please take your notebooks and a pen out. As you are all well aware, on your sixteenth birthday you lose an important ability..."

Jace raises his hand before Mr. Sands before can finish his sentence, "Excuse me sir, but why does this happen?" His thick accent rang in my ears.

"Why Mr. Wilson, in America everyone must lose an important ability to make sure that the balance of talented and untalented stays equal. No one is to become better then another. As I was saying, sensory abilities are not taken away. It's the governments belief that one day we will create the prefect society..."

His lecture continues, a couple times he leaned over and whispered stuff to Amy. The bell rang and we left the classroom. I meet up with Amy in the hall, "Hey Am, what you think of that new kid? He is kinda weird, right?"

"Yeah, he's a total weirdo." She scoffs, "He kept asking me to repeat what Mr. Sands said but like slower. He's loony."

"The Russian freak-show didn't even know about natural loss!" I feel someone hit me as they rush by in the opposite direction, when I turn around to see who it was; I saw the back of Jace's head.

Looking at him as he scurried away I started to feel bad for the crap talk. Then I noticed that the underside of his blonde hair there was a chunk of midnight black hair.