CHAPTER 1

PERCY'S POV

It was the worst week of my life. It all started when I was coming home from the sweet shop with my mom. She had bought me a bag full of blue candies and I was happily licking the lollipop in my hand, not aware that my life was going to change forever.

I was thinking (read dreading) about the english test in school next day, when a wierd lady with flaming hair,big fangs and a donkey leg appeared in the street. She started scuttling towards us, and my mum hid me behind her. The donkey-lady tried to snatch me away. She said something like 'Aah! Demigod blood!'She lashed at my mom, who tried to sidestep, but the donkey-lady was too fast. She sank her claws into my mom's neck, and dropped her down.

Mom shreiked. By now, a few people had gathered around to see what was going on. I ran and hid behind them. On seeing so many people, the donkey-lady said,'There will always be a next time little half-blood.' With that, she vanished.

I slowly walked up to my mom,and knelt next to her. She cupped my face in her hands. Her hands were cold. A tear trickled down her cheek.

'Percy..... I..I'll not...not be around for......much long. Pro.....promise me -'

She was cut short by me yelling,'You're not going anywhere. You're not....not leaving me alone, not with Gabe!'

'Percy, you....you'll bre a great hero one day. You'll make.....make your dad......proud. Just pro....promise me.....you......you'll try to stay....stay safe.'

She was breathing heavily.

'I promise,' I managed to choke out.

When I said that, a look of contentment spread across her face, and she closed her eyes for the last time.

A/N

Hey guys.

Thans for reading this.

It's my first fanfic, so please comment and tell me how it is.