CHAPTER 4

PERCY'S POV

'Hey kid, you don't look well. You all right?' Tony asked. I was visibly shaking from the effort of trying to control all the emotions building up inside me.

'Can.......can we.........go back..........to the car?' I managed to ask. 'All  right, if you say so.' I ran back to the car. Tony followed me. He unlocked the car, and I jumped inside. He followed me in, and closed the door behind himself. Finally, I could not control it anymore, and burst out crying.

Tony put a hand on my shoulder. Without thinking, I turned back and hugged him tightly, and started crying in his shoulder.

A whole week of  mixed up emotions : sadness, pain, anger, all spilt out of me at that moment. Tony did not complain. He did not say that I was spoiling his expensive suit. He let me spill all my emotions out. He didn't try to comfort me, and I appreciated that, because that was not going to make me feel any better. He just sat there, and held me. Just that.

Finally, when I stopped crying, he took out a tissue and  gave it to me. 'Feeling better?'he asked after I had wiped my eyes. I nodded in reply.

'So, you don't like that place?' Tony asked.

'That used to be my favourite place. My Mom used to work there.' I said, 'It was hard for me to go back there. It holds too many memories of my mom for me to be able to go in there without tearing up in front of everyone.' Tony nodded

Out of the window of the car, I saw a blue rose.' Instead of candies, can you buy me one of those?' I asked, pointing to the flowers.

'Blue roses?' Tony asked.

'My mom used to love them. I want to visit her.' I said.

'Can I come with you?' Tony asked again. 'Ya sure, I don't have any problem.' I said.

Tony bought me the flowers. We got back into the car, and drove to the cemetery.

'So', Tony asked me on the way,'tell me more about you Percy.' When I didn't say anything, he decided to ask more questions.

'Do you like school?'he asked.

'Not really.' I replied.

'Well, as a mater of fact, no one likes school. But still, why don't you like it?'

'Well, first of all, I don't like any subject except science and math (cuz he's gonna be Tony Stark's son), since I've got ADHD and dyslexia. And then there are the bullies.'

'Well, the ADHD explains the restlessness.' Tony said, and I noticed my hands, which were tapping continuously against the window, and my legs, and the seat, and...........

'We're there.' Tony said, interrupting me from my thoughts.

I climbed out of the car, and walked to my mom's grave. Tony walked behind behind me. When I reached the grave, I placed the flower down carefully.

'I miss you mom,' I said ,'Wish you were here. It feels so...........so incomplete , so sadwithout you. When you were here, you used to cheer everything up. You always used to make me happy. Now without you.......' I did not finish. I could not finish. Tears threatened to spill back out of my eyes again.

Tony put his hand on my head, and ruffled my hair. I did not want him to see me crying again. So I just stood there, without speaking. I felt a little self-concious, but it still felt  very nice, comforting, to have Tony there. This was The Ironman, The Tony Stark, and he was standing with me, just a kid, at my mom's grave. He must have a million works to do, but still, he was spending time with a child, and was not even looking like he didn't want to be here, or someone had forced him to stay with me. It looked like he wanted to be there for me. At that time, my respect for my favourite superhero grew even more.

Finally, I said,'I think I should go home now.' I mentally shuddered at the thought of facing Gabe again. 'Come, I'll drop you.' Tony said. I gave him my address. We walked back to the car and drove off.

'So, Percy,' Tony asked after a while, 'do you want to go out for some icecream tomorrow?' I thought about the golden opportunity to escape Gabe again, and said exitedly, 'Yeah, sure.'

'So, I'll pick you up at.....?' He asked again.

I thought for a while, and said, 'At ten?'

'All right, at ten it is then.'

'We're there.' Tony said when we reached my home, and the car stopped. 'See you tommorow kid.' He said, after I got out of the car. 'I'll be waiting.' I replied, and waved him goodbye. Tony waved back, and then he drove off.

I stood there and watched the car till it disappeared round the corner. Then, I steeled my nerves and turned back, only to find Gabe standing in front of me.

A/N

HEY GUYS,

843 WORDS!

I KEPT MY PROMISE

NOW I NEED YOU TO VOTE AND COMMENT FOR THE STORY

NEXT CHAPTER WON'T COME OUT UNLESS I GET AT LEAST 4 COMMENTS AND 4 VOTES (OR MAYBE IF I'M IN A REALLY GOOD MOOD, THEN .............)

ANYWAYS, THANKS FOR READING

AND REMEMBER THAT YOUR FEEDBACK IS GREATELY VALUED.

LUV YA ALL

VAISHNAVI OUT.