Chapter 8

Back at the village at the tavern. Sonic, Tails, and a man was sitting at a table in a corner in the back of the tavern talking. The man looked like Sonic but, had green fur with 3 scars on his chest. He had red glasses hanging on his head and with a black ripped jacket on.

" I don't leave the asylum this late at night but, he said it was worth a lot". The man said. Sonic threw a sack of coins on the table, the man picked up a coin." Ah, I'm listening". He looked at Sonic while dropping the coin back in the sack." Alright, I have my heart set on marrying Rose". The man looked at Sonic with a blank look." Ha, Turned Him Down Flat". Tails said to the Mysterious man. Sonic glared at Tails and hit him in the back of the head.

" Amy would do anything from keeping her father locked up" Sonic exclaimed." But, Chuck is harmless". The man said." Yes but, crazy. He was here earlier and said there was a beast in a castle". Sonic said." mmm.. So, you want me to put Amy's father in the asylum unless she agrees to marry you...". He looks at them. Sonic and Tails smile evilly. " That is so despicable". Then he laughs evilly." I love it!"...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at Amy's house, Chuck was grabbing maps, and materials for his journey on finding Amy.

" If no one will help me, then I'll find her myself". He grabbed everything and walked out the door and walked towards the woods, while disappearing into them.

Moments later, Sonic and Tails come to the house and barge into it." Amy?! Chuck?!". Sonic yelled but, no one answered." Oh well, guess it's not gonna work after all". Tails said then started to walk out of the house. Sonic grabbed Tails by the collar and walked down the stairs." They have to come back some how, and when they do we will be waiting for them". He said." Tails...". Sonic threw Tails into the snow beside the stairs." Wait here until they get back". He demanded and walked away." But, ugh, eh, nuts!" Tails said as he hit something beside him making snow fall on him.

~At The Castle~

The next day Amy decided to go for a walk in the castle garden with her horse Philippe and Cream. Philippe bumps Amy and she turns to him and hugs him. Cream runs up to Amy and jumps on her making her hood fall of her head while she is giggling.

On the balcony Shadow was watching Amy. (A/N: Okay I'm Going To Call The Beast Shadow So, Don't Get Confused.) He had his arms nestled under his chest a little that was on top of the banister. He gently rubbed his bandages and looked at them and then her with a soft look. He felt a strange feeling since last night." I never felt this way about anyone...". Silver and Blaze were standing beside him watching Amy as well.

" I want to do something for her". He said but, then gave a blank stare." But, what?" He asked." Well, there's beautiful things like flowers, chocolates, promises you don't attend to keep". Silver suggested." No my friend, do something that sparks her interest". Blaze says." I Know!" She said.

Shadow and Amy were in front of large double doors." Amy, there's something I want to show you." Shadow started to open the doors but, then closes them and turns to her." but, you have to close your eyes". Shadow said. Amy looked at him confused. She was wearing a long dark pink dress with her hair up in a ponytail." It's a surprise". He exclaimed. Amy shrugged and closed her eyes as told. Shadow waves his hand in front of her face to see if she was peeking. He quickly opened the doors and grabbed her hands gently and led her into the room. Shadow stopped her in the middle of the room." Can i open them?" Amy asked." No not yet. Wait here." Shadow tells her. He passes her and she hears the sound of large curtains being pulled and a bright light shining onto her face. She smiled brightly." Okay... Now". Amy opened her eyes and let out an enormous gasp . The room was filled with loads of books and it was large. Books were stacked on shelves, tables, and chairs. Amy was amazed by the room of books and began to go around the room gasping and giggling." Do you... like it?". Shadow asked giving her a small smile." I love it! It's wonderful!". She answered with excitement." The it's yours". Shadow told her. Amy stopped in front of him and took his hands with hers." Thank you! Thank you so much!". she smiled gratefully.