Chapter 9

Things were going so well at the castle. Amy loved her time with Shadow and always had this feeling that she couldn't describe. She was on a quest to find out what she was feeling and she knew she only felt something when she was with Shadow. She was determined to find out what it was.

Shadow had asked Amy to have a special night with him and she accepted the offer and Shadow was getting ready and so was Amy in different rooms. Shadow was getting a bath and he had a personal groomer and Silver with him in the process." Tonight is the of your life!" Silver said with excitement.

The groomer began to scrub under Shadow's arm and chest and quills and then poured a bucket of water over him making his quills go in his face." I don't think I can do this". Shadow said stuttering a bit and moving his quills out of his face so he could see." You don't have much time Master! You have tonight to get her to fall for you". Silver said as he pointed at the enchanting rose." And after that you need to be bold and daring!" Silver said as he stood tall and held his head high.

"Bold, Daring". Shadow said shaking himself off with any water left on him. His fur stood up all over him making him poofy." What you also need is something good. A candle light dance for a special romantic touch". Shadow shrugs while smoothing his quills out." Provided by myself". Silver said pointing at himself.

Shadow was now facing a mirror getting dried by the groomer." Do you think it will work?" Shadow asked Silver looking at him from the corner of him eye. Silver nods and walks up to him while he spoke." Of course! When the time is right, it will be a great chance to prove yourself". Silver said as he stood by his master with his tiny arms crossed." Yes! I Can! No.. I can't". Shadow mumbled as he looked down." You care for ze girl, don't you?" Silver asked him. The groomer grabbed large strips of his quills and started to cut on them." More than anything". Shadow said. The groomer stopped and looked at his master piece." Oh Master, you look so, so, so.." Silver said nervously. Shadow's hair was all over the place and was all girly." Stupid". Shadow said looking at himself in the mirror with a blank expression. Silver smiled nervously." Not quite the word I was looking for but, okay. More off the top". Silver told the groomer. The groomer started working on his quills again.

Amy came down the door from one side of the double sided stairs. She wore the same dress as how Belle's was. (A/N: Not going into detail... I'm lazy.) She looked up to see her friend/date standing tall but, could see the nervousness. He wore the same thing as The beast does. He quickly cleared his throat and fixed him tie or whatever and walked down the stairs down to his friend/date. They smiled at each other and take each other's hands and start to walk down the stairs. Vanilla starts to sing in a sweet tune.

Tale As Old As Time
True As it Can Be
Barely Even Friends
The Somebody Bends
Unexpectedly

They had a quiet dinner. Shadow learned his manners for eating and used them well.

Just A Little Change
Small To Say The Least
Both A Little Scared

Amy got an idea and stood up from her chair and grabbed his arm and led him to the ball room.

Neither One Prepared
Beauty And The Beast

There was a large chandelier hung up in the middle of the ceiling with candles on it in a circle.

Ever Just The Same
Ever A Surprise

Shadow was now in the middle of the ball room with Amy in front of him. She guided his hand to where to hold her, she heard a loud gulp from him. She smiled up to him as she placed his hand on her waist and then took her hand into his. The began to sway and turn and walts to the music being played.

Ever As Before
Ever Just As Sure
As The Sun Will Rise

Blaze and Silver was watching along with Vanilla and Cream. Shadow began to understand on how to dance from only watching her dance. He began to guide her with the dancing across the gold tile floor.

Tale As Old AS Time
Tune As Old As Song
Bittersweet And Strange
Finding You Can Change
Learning You Were Wrong

Shadow and Amy started to move faster and moved gracefully stopping a few times to pull away only on one hand and then pull back and twirl around nicely. They couldn't stop smiling at each other.

Certain As The Sun
Rising In The Easy
Tale As Old As Time

Amy couldn't stop smiling at him. She slowly layed her head down onto his chest. Shadow looked over to Silver and Blaze and they cheered silently for him.

Song As Old As Rhyme
Beauty And The Beast

Vanilla slowly started to end her song quietly as Blaze dimmed the candles. Amy and Shadow twirled a few more times before ending their dance together.

Tale As Old As Time
Song As Old As Rhyme
Beauty And The Beast

Shadow and Amy walk towards the double doors to the outside patio and Vanilla turns to Cream and pushes her a little making her wake up." Off to the cabnait now, it's way passed your bed time". Cream looked at her tiredly and smiles. Vanilla kisses Cream on the cheek and says." Goodnight love". Cream jumps off the cart and hops out the door. Then Cream pops herself back and watches the love birds.