Chapter 3- Meeting the boys

Sunday night Amber was sitting in the middle of her bed. She had gotten off work an hour before. It hadn't taken her long to get home because Lucca had given her a ride. Every night since she had moved in, either Micca or Lucca would give her a ride to work and then the other one would come and get her.

Nick would come and sit at the cafe for about an hour each night and flirt with the other waitress and to check on her. She was amazed at how nice they were being to her. A week ago, she didn't even know these guys, and now they treated her like she had always belonged with them.

She had meet Lucca and Nick the night she had moved in. Micca had stayed at work with her that whole shift and given her a ride home. Nick and Lucca had been watching TV when they had walked in the door. At first, she knew they thought she was a girl that Micca was bringing home. They paid no real attention to her at all other than a curious glance. Until Micca stepped in front of her and started this weird silent conversation with the two, with his eyes and hands.

Finally, Lucca sat the TV remote down on the coffee table and stood up to walk over to them. Micca stepped to the side a little, just enough for her to get her first good look at Lucca. She gasped; Lucca was Micca's twin. Identical twins. Everything thing was the same about them, except one big difference. Micca had really light blue eyes, Lucca's were a deep dark green. She gave him a shy, half smile.

"Hi" Amber said softly. Lucca made her feel safe, just like Micca had earlier that day.

"Hi, Amber. Hope you like living with us slobs." Lucca said with a grin. She chuckled softly and blushed. She just couldn't help the blushing. "Me too," She replied, still half hidden behind Micca.

Amber glanced over at Nick sitting on the couch. He kind of scared her because he looked really mad and wasn't saying anything. She looked up at Micca and realized he was mad too. She touched his arm and he glanced down at her in surprise. He patted her hand, "It's okay." He whispers to her, "He's not mad at you or about you." Pulling her a little bit closer to the couch, "Come say hi to Nick."

When Amber finally looked up at Nick, he had a startled look on his face but quickly replaced it with a soft smile. She didn't know what he had been thinking, and she was afraid she was going to be too shy to ever ask him.

"Hello Amber." She couldn't speak, his voice was just so velvety soft. It made her want to listen to him all night long and run at the same time.

She gave him a little finger wave and tugged on Micca's arm. He bent his head to her. It was kind of far for him since she was barely over five feet, and he was well over six feet. All three of them were well over six feet. "I want to go to my room."

"Oh, okay, go ahead. Good night, Amber." Amber hurried down the hall to her new room. She never looked back even though she could feel three pairs of eyes on her back. 

After that night, one of them was always with in yelling distance. She had yet to meet her forth roommate, but she wasn't really worried about it now. How bad could the person be? The rest of them were so kind to her.

Shaking her head at her wondering thoughts, she looked down at the paper she was holding. The next morning was the start of her classes. Four of the classes were on campus, the others she planned to take were online. She had a jammed schedule, but she was hoping to get her four-year degree in three years. If she took seven classes each semester, she could do it. The only problem was her online classes, she would have to go to the library for them. She didn't own a laptop and she didn't even know if the boys had internet in the house. Going to the library would cut into her time, but she didn't have any other choice. She would have an hour in the mornings before her campus classes, and three hours before work each day to do her online classes, Thursday and Friday. Saturday and Sunday she had all day to do her homework, until 5 when she had to be at work. Monday thru Wednesday was saved for her campus classes and the homework from them.