Chapter 4- Getting Ethan

Amber's P.O.V.-

Amber couldn't believe how much her life had changed in a short few months. She was more relaxed then she has been in a very long time. She still jumped when someone got to close to her or heard an unexpected noise. She didn't like anyone touching her, however she could sit in the same room as the boys and not completely shut down now or want to run for the door.  She was able to talk to them without blushing now, well except for Ethan. She was lucky because she didn't have to see him that often. He was gone most nights by the time she got home and she was usually asleep before he got home. She was glad her schedule kept her out of his way. He didn't seem to like her. He was always angry when she did see him. 

His room was the closest to hers and they shared a bathroom, however, with their conflicting schedules they never seemed to need to use the bathroom at the same time. She was grateful for that. She didn't know what she did for him to not like her, so she wanted to stay out of his way. She Just need to make it thru the next couple of years and she could disappear. She figured she could handle the one hiccup in her living arrangements if she could just stay out of Ethans way. She loved her room and didn't want to have to find another place to live. She actually felt safe here, she didn't want to have to give that up. 

Amber tuned back into where she was when she heard a crash. She jumped a little and got a little nervous, until she realized it was just Micca and Lucca wrestling on the living room floor again. She walked down the hall towards the living room and leaned against the wall. The boys must have a rare day off like herself. As she watched, Lucca pinned Micca to the floor against the couch, she didn't think there was any way for Micca to get free. And the boys were laughing like lunatics.

She felt him before she heard him. Ethan was standing behind her. He was in her space. He leaned closer to her ear. "Want me to make them stop?"

Amber couldn't speak. She didn't mind the boys wresting; she knew they would never hurt each other. She did mind Ethan being so close, but what confused her was that what she minded about it wasn't what usually made her so jumpy when others stood close. Finally finding her voice she said, "No, their fine. I like watching them." Micca flipped over and was now laying on top of Lucca. Amber shook her head. And smiled up at Ethan. The look he had on his face scared her. He was pissed and she wasn't sure why. She took a step away from him. That seem to piss him off more. She didn't know what she had done wrong. Ethan glared at her, then stomped to his room, slamming the door on his way through. Amber hurried back to her room and the sketch pad she dropped when she heard the crash. Flipping the page, she started sketching Ethan. The look on his face was not a new one to her, put today was the first time she'd had the urge to draw it.

An hour later, she sat down her charcoal pencil and looked at what she had drawn. What she had drawn scared her a little. She normal didn't draw people. She didn't like looking at them to closely. She was always afraid of what she would see. That was until she moved in with the boys. She loved drawing how happy they always seem to be. Flipping the page back. She looked at the landscape she had been working on. It was a view of the back yard from the sliding glass doors. She remembered the night she first started the drawing.

She had been sitting at the bar in the kitchen, drawing on a piece of printer paper with a pencil. At the time she hadn't had the money to buy any art supplies. She had just been happy to have a peaceful place to sit and draw. The boys were in the backyard goofing off with a football. She tried to capture the smile on Micca's face when he laughed at Lucca and Nick fighting over the ball. She had gotten so lost in watching them, she stopped drawing. She was so caught up in watching them, she didn't notice Ethan watching her from the doorway of the living room.

The next day when she got home from work, she found several boxes of art supplies on her bed. She wasn't sure which one of the boys had bought them, and they weren't talking. They refused to take any of her money and said it was a gift for bringing some light into their dark lives. She knew they were full of shit, or she assumed they where, but once they made up their minds, she knew there was no way she could change their minds.