That FML Moment

Chapter 9

Tsuyuki was being stalked. Or, well... she was being watched over.

Subtly. And intensely.

Somehow, some way, Reborn had suddenly turned into an overbearing mother hen. Well... as much as a mother hen he was capable of being as an emotionally impaired hitman. Tsuyuki really didn't want to know what triggered this kind of reaction. He was worse than Takeshi when she and Tsuna had first taken him in. In a very subtle way.

Nana was beyond smug and she made sure that Tsuyuki knew every time they were alone together. Nana said that Tsuyuki had finally Bonded with someone.

She didn't remember that ever happening, but that probably explained why Reborn's Flames were wrapped around her in a chokehold of sorts. It was getting uncomfortable and Tsuyuki had half a mind to throw the baby hitman into the river just so he'd chill out.

Tsuyuki honestly didn't understand how Tsuna could deal with his two overprotective Guardians. Their Flames were practically stifling, yet Tsuna looked completely unaffected.

Tsuyuki thanked the gods that Reborn didn't try to change anything. In fact, whenever the hitman realized his Flames were swarming Tsuyuki, he would immediately reign it in as if it had done it without his knowledge. There were always lingering Flames that would continuously latch onto her, but that Tsuyuki could deal with.

She had tried asking Reborn what had happened on the night she had (recklessly, to Nana's extreme disapproval) used her Flames in combat for the first time. The damn baby wouldn't say a thing and acted as if nothing had happened. Tsuyuki wanted to strangle his tiny infantile neck.

But back to the matter at hand.

Tsuyuki was being stalked and it wasn't just Reborn this time. He brought a friend along and there was no way in hell that she was going near them. Reborn's pacifier was glowing for crying out loud and if she took the chain off of her neck, the orange pacifier would be glowing too.

Tsuyuki wasn't stupid. That baby next to Reborn had a pacifier and Tsuyuki was hellbent on avoiding them. She had no idea how she ended up Bonding with Reborn, but she wasn't taking any chances this time. She had no intentions on joining the Baby Pacifier Club, thank you very much.

The guy in the mask never specified whether or not she had to actually keep it for an extended period of time. Maybe she'd track down the previous owner and return it to them once whatever compromised them was taken care of. Until then, she could avoid the babies like her life depended on it.

And then an exploding time bomb of a five year old came into the picture and that plan was thrown out the window and into an erupting volcano. Reborn. Had. Let. It. Latch. On. To. Him. Everything in Tsuyuki screamed when Reborn had allowed the kid to hold onto him with only five seconds left on the girl's forehead before detonation.

Before she had even realized what she was doing, Tsuyuki appeared halfway across the roof and roughly tore the girl away from her sunhersunHerSunhowdareshehurtHERSUN- With her Sun cradled protectively in one arm, Tsuyuki had lifted the girl up with her other hand and threw her off the roof without hesitation. The little girl exploded, but Tsuyuki didn't care (letherrotinhellsuffershedeservesdeath). Her Sun wasn't going to die and that was all that mattered.

And then Tsuyuki snapped out of it and realized she had just tossed a kid off to her death.

If Reborn hadn't reassured her that his friend (Fon, Reborn had let the name lip past when the others weren't near) had caught the girl, Tsuyuki wouldn't have known what to do. Tsuna ended up being the one that kept her grounded, as always.