Chapter:1

"Dad I don't want to be a bull rider like you were." I told my dad as we were discussing ERA camp. "Couldn't you just do it as an extra sport?" He asked. My dad was a professional bull rider. Everyone who watches PBR Saturday night knows him.

"I want to focus on roping not bull riding." I told him. "Bailey your required three sports." He told me. "Then I'll steer wrestle." I told him as I got up and left his office.

My last name is Willingham, as in Sean Willingham. I'm the daughter of Sean Willingham. Of course he wants me to bull ride. I saddled up Jolly and went to my spot. He is my handsome two year old chestnut that I calf rope and team rope with. Dad will never understand why I want to rope instead of bull ride.

My age is thirteen. I love to go on long trail rides and hang out with my horse. I went over the facts about me as I laid on the back of my horse as he grazed. "What do you think Jolly? Does dad know what I want to do or is he forcing me to do something?" I asked my horse as I started french braiding his mane.

For hours I stayed out there until mom called me on my phone and said it was time for me to go to camp. By that time I had Jolly's tail plaited all the way down. I rode back and there was dad waiting to take me. My saddle was already in the tack compartment along with my brushes and toys for my boy.

Once at the gate I dismounted and opened the gate. I led Jolly through before closing it back. He snorted knowing we were going somewhere with him. "Can I ride with him?" I asked dad. "No." I loaded Jolly up and got into the back seat.

I pugged my headphones in and listened to my music as dad drove. Three hours later we pulled up to the camp. Me and Alex kept in chat as camp came closer and closer. He's Mike Lee's son.
'U here yet?' A
'Just pulled through the gate.' Me
'I'm outside the office.' A
'See ya.' Me

Dad pulled up in front of the office and got out. I jumped out of the truck and walked over to Alex. "What's up girl?" "Not much. You?" I asked as we slapped each other's hand. "Was waiting on someone but now I'm not."

"Your dad in there talking?" I asked. "Yeah and now your dad is." He told me. "Wish I didn't have to do bull riding." I told him. "Yeah, but let's just do it so our fathers wouldn't be down our throats." He whispered as our dads came out. He was a year older but I didn't care.

"Well you two are in the same cabin." We were told. A person came and helped me unload Jolly and his things. My saddle could be carried by Jolly so I wasn't worried.

I was a junior team roper and calf roper and that was the saddle for me winning at team roping. Several boys were in the stable taking care of their horses.

"I bet she's a barrel racer." One said. I rolled my eyes at the comment. "Well here's your stall for your horse. You can either keep your tack inside of it or use a peg in the tack room." The man told me. "Thank you but I'll keep my stuff with my horse." I told him.

My tack box was put outside my stall. I gave Jolly water and feed before giving him a weekly apple. I patted his neck and was shown to the cabin. Jason said he was going to try team roping with me so we were in the team roping cabin.

No one had the top bunk in the corner so I took it. Alex was below so that was better. "Dude you know your gonna suck at it right?" I said to him in a whisper. "I'm learning." He whispered back.

I rolled my eyes and they called for supper. As we walked out of the cabin a boy two years older went in with bags. I'm pretty sure I saw the last initials on his bag as V. A.

After supper we went out to the welcome bonfire. Guess I could have asked dad if I could go to the Kollin VonAhn school in Oklahoma but too late. The person running it came out to welcome us all. Then after that we went back to our cabins for clean up and lights out.

I was one of the first back so I jumped in an empty shower and washed up quickly. Once I was done I dried off and got dressed of course in a baggy tee and dry fit capris. After everyone that was going to shower was done we sat on our beds waiting.

"Hello I'm Christian and I'll be this cabin's counselor. Let's start off by introducing who we are." A guy in probably his very early twenties said. "As most of you know we do have a girl in our cabin so as the gentlemen we are let's let her tell us about herself." He added.

"Hi I'm Bailey Willingham, I'm thirteen years old. My hobbies include helping my dad with the cattle and I love to go on long trail rides and hang out with my horse for the most part. I also love to rope calf or team. In team rope I won state this year as header for my school team. In calf roping I got second place in regionals and that's pretty much about me." I ended my rant.

"Wait are you Sean Willingham's daughter?" On asked. I nodded slowly. "Yup and I've met most of the PBR guys." I answered. Then I remembered I was wearing a shirt with my dad's face on it.

"Ok next person we are going to the bottom bunk then back to the top." Christian said. Alex went then the guy in the top bunk next to me. We did that until everyone except one person.

"I'm Jesse, my age is fifteen and I heel in team roping. My home state is Oklahoma so I'm far from home.........." After Jesse went we were told lights out. I curled up under the blanket I brought. It had header Luke Brown in silhouette with his initials at the bottom.

New book
Please enjoy!!!!!
Plus let me know how I'm doing on it. Comment rude or nice comments below.