Chapter:17

I looped the steer's head and pulled it tight. The ring was build a month ago and Halloween was next week. I had a costume already picked out for me and Jolly for the trunk or treat at the church nearby.

Dally was also involved. I was going to be an angel with a halo and the horses were going to be angels too, wings and all. Archie couldn't go because of the little children that we're going to be there.

I was done for the day so I decided to continue to fix up the shed. It was insulated and made warmer for the horses comfort. I went into the shed and took the tack off Jolly and let him out with Dally. Of course blanketed.

I found some old wood pallets and started building the stalls out of that. The doors were made entirely out of two pallets each on their own set of hinges.

Once I finished the stalls they looked cool. I got the can of hot pink paint and started painting Jolly's stall. Once it was done I put the hay racks in and the feed troughs. I cleaned the hay up outside the stalls and discarded it. Jesse went to town for concrete mix so the dirt floor was going to be concreted floor.

I dug into the floor about five inches and put a drain in where we were going to wash the horses. "Bailey." "In the shed." I yelled. Jesse came in with a bag of concrete. "Where do you want the bags?" He asked. "In that corner." I said pointing as I fixed the pipe to leave out the side of the shed.

"The stalls look nice." He said. "Thanks finished them before painting mine." "So that means I get to paint mine." He said. I nodded as I set a saw horse up then put a saddle on it.

He went outside and brought the bags in and put them on top of each other. Now there's a stack of concrete bags in the corner of the shed. Jesse came back in with a wheelbarrow and started laying the floor.

I moved everything out that needed to be moved. The horses were grazing as I helped Jesse lay the concrete out. Once we were done I looked at it and nodded. "Looks like the horses are going to be comfortable here." He said. "Yup." I said nodding. Every weekend and Wednesday Jesse came over to practice and help out with the shed.

"Well let's let it set over night and have the horses stay up in the garage for the night." Jesse told me. I nodded and led the way out of the shed.

I put the wings in the back seat and drove to the church

I put the wings in the back seat and drove to the church. Once there I got the horses out and put their wings on them. The halos were trickier because they kept on taking each other's off.

"Stop it." I told Jolly as he tried to get Dally's halo. Dally stopped after shaking his head after few times. Jolly finally stopped and I put my straw Stetson on. My white pearl snap and white belt matched the horses perfectly.

Outfit: https://www.polyvore.com/halloween_angel/set?id=201474441

Once I was done with their tack the lady in charge came over. "Thank you for bringing your two horses. The children are going to love them. Which is the calmer of the two?" "This one." I said patting Dally.

"Ok we have a three year old girl that we haven't found a horse for her to ride." "She can ride Dally. He's the calmest horse with younger children." I told her. "Would you mind if her mom rode along?" "Not at all. I think I would be safer for her to ride with her daughter on Dally."

She nodded and walked off to another location. I fixed the cinch on the saddles and waited for the other person with horses to get here. He pulled up a few seconds later and unloaded five horses. His were in costumes similar to mine.

"How are you this evening?" He asked. "Good. I see you brought the crew." "Yeah they enjoy coming out to see the younger kids." He said. "Ah Mark your here." Missy the lady in charge said. "We need five more horses though." She told us.

"I can run home really quick and get the five but I'll need to take two trips home afterwards." Marc told her. "I can help you haul them to your house afterwards." I said. He nodded and asked for me to watch his horses.

Once he was back I helped him saddle the five as the kids came out. I walked back over to mine. A woman and girl came over. "Hi I'm Bailey." I introduced myself. "And this is Dally and Jolly."

The little girl walked up to Dally and pet his front left leg. Dally turned to look at the girl then snorted. "I'm Amanda and that's my daughter Jacie." The woman introduced. "Well you and Jacie will be on Dally this evening." I said.

She nodded and I untied Dally and Jolly letting them face the crowd. "Want to hold him?" I asked Jacie. Her face lit up as she turned to her mom. "Don't worry he's been drop trained. If she drops the lead he'll stand still instead of wondering off." I told Amanda. "So she's safe with him?" "Yes. Dally is actually safer than Jolly here. I still have to get him kid trained and this is a good way for him to get use to them."

Missy told us we'd be starting the ride soon. I helped Jacie up into the saddle and let Amanda mount. I held Dally and Jolly until it was time to start. Mark gave me a line to attach to my horses. I lined them in and hooked them on it. Jolly didn't exactly like it. I mounted him and scratched his writhers