Chapter:20

As we got to the ravine I pulled Magic to a stop and looked over the view. It was so beautiful. This was where dad and I went on our first trail ride.

The cool air had me in a long sleeve shirt as I sat watching the world. Mom texted me to come back up to the house after I've been out for two hours.

I rode up to the barn and saw something I will never forget. Top named PBR riders from dad's days were here. Mom came out of the office with dad's riding gear.

My eyes almost popped out of my head. "Try them on hon." I tried the chaps on and adjusted them. "Not bad." Alex said coming into the barn. I pulled the vest on next.

"Oooh someone looks tough." He added. "And now the spurs and Stetson." Mom said. Once I was decked in dad's gear mom took a picture.

"Now let's see if you can ride." Alex said walking me out. I gasped as I saw the PBR trailer. "No way!" I shouted as I saw Bonner, LJ, Mike, and JB standing along the trailer.

"Come on." Alex told me jogging over. I followed pursuit as we jogged over. "Which one first?" Alex asked clapping his hands. "I don't care which." I told him. "That's what I thought." He said smirking as he led me to the chutes.

The first bull in the chute was big. He snorted as I climbed in. "Put your feet on his back and ease onto him." Alex told me. I did as I was instructed as he talked me through it.

Once I was on the bull Alex and his dad helped me position on its back. "Ok you can only hold on with the hand your riding with." He told me. I nodded.

LJ was holding the gate rope. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded and he opened the gate. Genetic instinct kicked in and I rode for eight solid seconds.

Once I was off the bull I got up on the side as the bull went out of the ring. They cheered once I was out of the ring. "First time, great ride." Mike told me. I grinned widely. "Your dad would be proud."

The morning after thanksgiving I left early

The morning after thanksgiving I left early. I was still stuffed from the meal yesterday. Another sport I was going to do was bull riding. Finally after ten years I'm into it.

Once home I unloaded Jolly and let Archie run around the yard. Mom told me she was coming over for Christmas because she wanted to have an Oklahoma Christmas.

A familiar truck pulled up to the gate. Archie greeted Jesse as he unlatched the gate. It swung open and he got back in the cab. Once the rig was inside the enclosed area he got out and closed the gate back.

He parked his truck and trailer and got out. I walked over to meet him. "What do you know? Stranger?" I asked. "Not much. Stranger."

We walked into the house after he put his horse out with mine. "So I saw the picture of you in your dad's riding gear and the ride." He said sitting down on a couch. "Yeah." "So is it a hobby or are you going to do it?"

"Do you think I should?" I asked him. "Hey you girl might end the rivalry between the ropers and the riders." He told me. "True, but I still don't know if I can." He got up from where he was sitting and came over to me.

"Prove them that you can do it. You've proved yourself that you can rope just as good as any man out in that ring. Ever since I met you at camp I knew that you were tougher than any of those boys, especially the seniors." "So yes?" "You've got my support, and I'm pretty sure the eyes of several professional bull riders. Go for it."

I smiled and turned it into a smirk. "Then I'll kick tail at roping and riding." I told him before going into the kitchen.

Jesse's POV
Wow she's cute fired up. Wish I could tell her how cute she really is. I followed her into the kitchen and leaned on the door. She had a glass of tea in her hand drinking.

On shelves above her were the buckles she won from rodeos she competed in. As it wrapped around the kitchen it switched to bull riding buckles that her dad won.

Pictures below the shelves were her, her dad and her, Michael and her, and her and another guy. Wine glass from Las Vegas and capitals her dad has visited separated each buckle. Each case and glass were shining like they were just polished.

"Ready to practice?" She asked me. I nodded and walked to the door. She followed and got her Carhart coat as I got mine. I followed her out to the two horse stable and got Dally's lead.

I walked out to the pasture and he came up to me. Jolly came up and nudged my elbow. I scratched his forehead and clipped on Dally's lead. Jolly followed us until Bailey got him.

Hooves on concrete sounded off the walls as we led our horses further into the stable. I tied Dally up and started cleaning out his hooves. Once I was done I groomed his coat and put my saddle on. Bailey was still brushing her horse out as I put my bridle on mine.

I saddled Dally while she put his bridle on. Once both our horses were saddled we walked out with the horses following us. Bailey got on her horse and I followed pursuit. We warned the horses up as we rode over to the ring.

Before roping we wrapped the steer horns and made sure all were accounted for. All afternoon we roped and practiced. Twice we swapped perspectives and continued until it was too cold to continue.

Hey guys, how are you enjoying the book?

Question: What was the name of Bailey's roping partner before Michael?