Chapter:21

Bailey's POV
I put on a blouse and a pair off good jeans on and a pair of boots. After I brushed my teeth I fixed my hair and left Archie in the house.

As I pulled out of the garage two horses ran behind me. They stayed clear of the truck as I continued to back up. Once out I closed the garage and got out. They came up to me and let me lead them to the stable. After they were safely in their stalls I went back to my truck and got in.

I parked at the church and went inside. Service was just starting. I sat down in a pew as the preacher started. The last candle before the Christ candle was already lit.

"For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles— Surely you have heard about the administration of God's grace that was given to me for you, that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets.

"This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God's grace given me through the working of his power.

"Although I am less than the least of all the Lord's people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things, Ephesians‬ 3:1-9‬." Pastor Allen said.

I took notes as he spoke. Christmas was this week and mom was going to be here Tuesday. Once he was done speaking we sang one more song and were released.

I walked out talking to one of the older people in the church. Every Sunday I joined one of the elderly widowed women for lunch. I always paid for lunch so she wouldn't have to.

We met at a fast food restaurant and ate lunch together. We chatted and talked about how simple life was before all the technology came up. When we were done I helped her up and out to her car. Then I got in my truck and went home.

I saw the horses out again and got out of my truck. If I know my horse he's the one responsible for this stunt. I climbed over the gate and shooed them back into their paddock.

I got a stall lock and locked the gate with it. Then I went back to my truck and drove it into the garage. I closed the door and went into the house and let Archie out. I changed out of my Sunday clothes and into a pair of old work jeans and a long sleeve that had a picture of a calf roper.

I pulled my coat on and went outside. Archie followed as I walked to the paddock gate. Jolly and Dally came up to me I led them inside the stable and put them in their stalls. The warmth of the stable made me shed my coat and roll up my sleeves.

I cleaned out the stalls and bathed Dally then Jolly. After that I made sure their hooves were clean and put muscle ointment on their legs. I wrapped their lower legs and put them back in their stalls.

After the horses were taken care of I went over to the tack and cleaned it with Archie laying by my boots. I scrubbed both saddles and cleaned the bridles.

The bits were sitting in a bucket being bleached and sanitized. The saddle pads were the last thing to be cleaned. I pulled my sleeves back down and grabbed my coat and put it on. Outside it looked like it was barely snowing.

I stepped out and went to the trailer. I cleaned it out and removed the rubber padding and called Tuff Treads. "Tuff Treads."
"Hello I called a week ago and said that I was going to bring my trailer by."
"Name?"
"Bailey Willingham."
"Alright you can bring it by sometime after Christmas and pick it up the next day."
The guy hung up and I finished cleaning it out, mostly.

I went inside and fixed myself hot chicken noodle soup and hot cocoa. Then ran a hot bath. I went to bed and dreamt of how Jesse roped that last steer we had for practice. His muscles flexing as he threw the rope to catch its heels.

The look on his face was serious and stern looking. Archie jumped up on the bed and slept next to me.