Chapter:14

Jesse carried my bag into his house and up to a room. "You can stay in my room for tonight. Both my parents are staying up in the city so we have the house to ourselves. In the morning I'll cook breakfast and hook up my trailer to my truck after taking care of the horses and cattle. Then we can hit the road to Georgia." Jesse told me.

I nodded and followed him back to the living room. He went into the kitchen and started supper. I sat at the bar while he cooked. "So are you going to sell any stock?" Jesse asked. "Yeah. Know anyone that wants horses, bulls, steers, or any cattle?" I asked him.

"Might know someone up in Porum. Let me call my dad and see if we need any stock." He told me. I flashed a grin at him and he went back to cooking.

"Hey dad....... Your looking for stock right?........ Yeah.... No Bailey is selling stock....... Horses and cattle...... Bulls, steers, calves, and cows......." He pulled his phone from his ear and turned to me. "How old are the horses?" He asked.

"Bout one to three years old." I told him. "She said a year to three....... Yeah I'll ask her after I get off the phone.........course she probably knows him........ Yes dad I'll make sure everyone is fed before leaving tomorrow...... I'm taking the stock trailer........ Yeah to help her......... Ok she said on the horses we can have as many as you'll take........ There's a total of twenty two?....." He said looking at me. I nodded and he continued to talk.

"How many?......... Ok I'll let her know....... Ok.......... Yeah.......... Good night......." He sighed. "Love you too mom." He hung up and turned to me with a skillet.

"My dad said he'll take all the horses but five. I'll send him pictures of the horses and he's interested in the steers you don't want. Do you know LJ?" Was his last question. I gave him a 'are you stupid' look. "Well duh." I said.

"Dad said you might wanna give him a call and see if he wants any cattle." I nodded and called dad. "Hey pumpkin how are you doing?"
"Good. Do you have LJ's number?"
"Just drop by if your in Oklahoma. I won't tell him and I'm sure he's home."
"Thanks dad I'll head there tomorrow." I said before telling him I loved him and hanging up. I texted Michael and told him there were five horses up for grabs.

Jesse fixed me a plate and we ate supper. I'd have to admit he's a great cook. Jesse looked over at me as we ate. "Is that good?" He asked. I nodded. He chuckled and went back to eating.

Once I was done I put the plate in the sink and Jesse followed. He showed me where everything was and I got a shower. I had no body wash or shampoo so I had to use what was there.

After I rinsed off and got out I put my pjs on and stepped out. It was ten at night and I was tired. "Night Jess." I said. "Night Bailey. Sleep good." I nodded and disappeared into his room.

I crawled into the queen size bed and curled up under his sheets and comforter. Safety surrounded me as I laid there falling asleep. I dozed until the bed dipped and an arm draped over my waist. That was when I fell completely asleep.

I woke up under an arm when the alarm went off

I woke up under an arm when the alarm went off. Jesse reached over and turned it off before getting up. He rubbed my arm waking me up. "Come on Bailey let's get up so we can hit the road." He told me.

Once he went into the bathroom I got into my bag and changed quickly. I met him in the living room after cooking omelettes and toast. I ate already so I was just waiting on him. "Breakfast is on the bar." I told him as I carried my bag out to my truck.

Once I came in he was finishing his breakfast. "Think you can hook the stock trailer up for me while I feed?" He asked. "Yup. I'm going to send you ahead to Summerville while I go to Porum. All you have to do is follow interstate forty." I told him.

"I should be there bout thirty minutes to an hour after you." I added. He nodded and got up. I got his truck keys from him and backed the truck up to the stock trailer.

He came out and put a bag in the back of his truck. I helped him feed the animals and we hit the road in different directions. Once I got to Porum I drove to LJ's ranch and drove over the cattle guard. Michael sent me a picture of each bull to show him.

I pulled up as he stepped outside. I knew the look on his face. He was wondering who in the world just pulled up. I got out and shut my door behind me. The expression on his face changed.

"Bailey? What are you doing here?" He asked. "Well I've got an offer that I think you'll take." "What's the offer?" He asked. "Bulls, bucking bulls. I've got twenty that need a good home and I thought I'd stop by here on the way back home." I told him.

"Gonna have to show me pictures of them. You know I love seeing the product before I buy anything." He said. I pulled up the pictures and showed him every bull. The ones he wanted I sent the picture back to Michael telling him to sort those out from the rest.

"You going to get them or am I going to bring them to you?" I asked. "I'll start driving early tomorrow morning to get them." LJ told me. He got fifteen out of the twenty. "It was a pleasure doing business with you." I told him as I got into my truck.