Chapter XIX

Chapter 19

Jareth Eden's POV

I went right to Roselea, helping her sit up. The link must have taken a ton of magic... "Jareth... I heard his scream... check on him..." she mumbled. I stroked her hair and smiled. "You never stop caring, even when you are very ill." She smiled, but the smile faded as she seemed to fall asleep.

I then walked over to Jareth Everlid, he had fallen back onto the floor after the call had disconected. "That was the bravest thing I have seen in a long time, Jareth. You should be proud of yourself." I said and he smiled a little. "I didn't... think... it would hurt that much... I feel like... I can't even describe it..." he said, a small sign of pain every time he spoke. "You might want to take it easy there, romeo. Going through a connection like that takes a lot out of you..." I said then he tried to get up but collapsed.

"Listen to me, I know you want to get right out there and save your wife, but you can't save her if you are hurt like this. Trust me... I know how it is to feel like I need to do something but in too much pain to do it." I said and he kept on trying to get up.

"Jareth Everlid! If you keep getting up like this you will not heal! If you don't heal then you will not get to Sarah any faster." I felt the anger coursing through me. "I know how you feel, you feel like your heart has been ripped out of your chest. You are not with the one you love at the moment, but if you don't rest up..." I started to get emotional... " You will not be able to reach her... Jareth, you need to rest... for everyone's sake. Roselea would feel terrible if you went out there hurt and alone. Please... lets go get the Sarahs together..." I said and he took my hand. "Thank you, Jareth... never though I would ever... get advice from myself..." he said and I smiled. "Let me take you to a bed, you can rest up there, instead of my floor." I said and a smiled came from Jareth's face. "Yeah, it might be a little more comfortable." he chuckled but then winced in pain.
I whistled to some goblins to pick up Jareth and carry him to Roselea's room, the only place that had a bed on the ground. Once I picked up Roselea and placed her in her bed, I smiled. "Well, I don't have to two different rooms now to check up on you two." I said and laughed a little. The goblins then laughed. "Quiet! They need their rest."

Jareth Everlid's POV

I laid in the bed, looking up at the ceiling. I felt so useless in this bed... But Jareth was right, I needed to make it to Sarah in one piece. I turned my head, but felt a stinging pain as i did. Then saw Roselea... she looked so calm and peaceful.

"J...J...Jareth?" A voice came out of Roselea, she tried to open her eyes.

"Yeah, I'm here... I guess I am not leaving you anytime soon." I said and she smiled and laughed. "The same goes for me... looks like Father picked the easiest option. Us in the same room." she said and winced in pain.

"Yeah, but I guess it's better that way. I won't be alone."

"Jareth... you'll never be alone here." Roselea said, smiling a weak smile.

"Thank you for making that connection back there. That was amazing."

"I would do anything to make things better. Even if I risk myself in the process."

I was then about to respond but she started to talk again. "I felt so responsible for everything that has happened. I needed to make that connection, though Sarah may be mad at me for using her... but, now I can find her anywhere. We are linked..." Roselea said, she then took my hand.

"Once I get a little bit better, I will heal you. Then we will be able to find the Sarahs." She said and I smiled.

"Roselea, are you as horribly tired and in terrible pain as much as I am? I think we may be here for awhile. But, I do thank you for that offer though." I said and she smiled her weak smile.