Chapter XXXII

Sarah Everild's POV

After I talked with Sarah, and after the whole crystal created ball, we packed up the tents and set off on the relatively short journey back to the castle.

Roselea had conjured Sarah and me a horse using one of her crystals. They were surprisingly comfortable given they looked as though they were made out of pure glass, and i'll never get used to the fact that the horses in this world have 6 legs, not 4.

Jareth Eden and Sarah were a little ways in front of us chatting away happily. Jareth, Roselea and I were all riding together and talking about how strange it wold be when Jareth and I went back to our own world, and how everything would change over here now that Sarah and Jareth Eden were courting.

"I'm just going to miss you, so much!" Roselea said, throwing her arms into the air. She soon brought them back to the reigns, being reminded that her horse would eat everything in sight when he suddenly veered towards the nearest patch of grass.

She brought herself back to us just as Jareth, on my other side said how he would miss her too. "I feel like I've got a daughter in you Roselea." He said.

"You can say that again, you two are so alike it scares me." I said laughing, hiding the slight nervousness I felt. 

I still hadn't told Jareth that I was pregnant. Really, I should have told him as soon as we calmed from the whole kidnapping thing, but I was worried. I had grown up believing that I would be unable to ever have kids after an 'accident'. Also known as, I forgot to put the milk she had made for toby in the fridge and it went off, so she hit me with a baseball bat.

I guess I was just worried that it wouldn't last. I didn't want to tell Jareth about the baby, and then loose it. I feared how Jareth would react. Would he be upset? Would he be mad? Would he leave me? Ok, I doubted that last one. I had a feeling that I could do some of the most terrible things I could think of - not that I would - and Jareth would still love me. I'd just hate to see his face if it happened. I have a feeling it would destroy him.

I must talk to Ruby. 

I thought. She would know what to do.

"-ou Alright?"

I snapped back to reality. It was Jareth's voice that had snapped me back. I had been so deep thinking about his face if I miscarried that I didn't hear him when he actually spoke to me.

Quick. I thought. Think of something to say before they get worried.

"Erm, yeah, no, sorry. I was just distracted thinking about how much I'm going to miss you guys." I said to Roselea.

Nice save. 

God was I glad that I snapped out of it before Jareth decided to go poking around in my mind to see what was wrong, I was probably too distracted to stop him, or even notice. It's not that I didn't want him to know, I just wanted to be the one to tell him, on my terms.

The rest of the ride back to the castle was uneventful and consisted mostly of my telling Roselea what a television was and how it worked. She couldn't believe that a little box with buttons and knobs on it could show you whole stories or how it used to be all in black and white until about 30 years ago. She was, however, horrified when I told her how sometimes the program would go off meaning I'd have to wiggle the aerial and, if that didn't work, I would smack the TV. She went on and on about how it was mean and probably hurt the tv, even after I explained that it wasn't actually alive and so had no feelings. She actually made me feel a little bad.

We got back to the castle and immediately walked straight to the throne room, where the mirror stood. We had to wait a few minutes, but soon I saw someone who looked like Jareth on the other side.