Chapter XVI

Roselea's POV

I walked into the castle, my father to my left and Jareth Everild behind us.
It had become easier to tell the two apart over the days I had spent with them.

My father had a kindness that you can only get when you love someone very much. Jareth Everild had that same kindness about him, because of Sarah I assumed, but it was different. He stood stiffer, straighter and stronger. Like if I punched him it would be like hitting a stone wall. As it he hadn't had Sarah very long, and was willing to do anything to get her back. And that scared me a little...

"Right." I said as we walked back into the throne room. "Plan Y."
"Plan Y?" Jareth Everild asked.
"Yeah. As in plan number 2." I explained.
"But then wouldn't it be plan B?" He asked, confusion evident on his face.
"No. B is the second to last letter in the alphabet. I know we've tried a few things but not that many." I laughed out. This must have been some kind of joke.
"B... is the second to last letter?"
"Yes..." I answered confused. I didn't understand what was so hard about it. It was only the alphabet.
"Right... backwards alphabet... going to have to remember that one..."
"Wait, backwards? As in you're goes the other way?"
"Yes." He answered point blankly.
"With A at the beginning and Z at the end? Wired...." the things you learn talking to people from another world.

I turned to my side and looked in the mirror. But what I saw was strange. It wasen't the normal reflection...
"Father?" I asked and the figure in the mirror turned towards me. It wasen't my father, how eyes were the same colour.
"Oh not another one." The man's face grew into confusion. Even more so when my father joined me upfront of the mirror.
The look on his face matching my father's and, presumably, my own.
He tilted his head to the side slightly and continued to look.
Jareth Everild joined us invent of the mirror, and the figures eyes grew wide with revegnition.
"Gareth!" Jareth Everild yelled at my side. Simoultanuous to the figure yelling Jareth.
This figure was no longer a stranger. He was the man Sarah and Jareth had told us about. He was Gareth Everlid, Jareth's twin brother, the good one. And, through the mirror, he was standing right infront of us.

The image of Gareth started in surprise at Jareth Everild for a few seconds and than reached his hand out behind him.
"Come here love." He said as if talking to someone else. Soon after, a woman in a wet blue and black dress stood there, a hood covering her face.
She stood beside him, not taking his hand and looked between him and us.
"Gareth, theirs nobody there." Her sweet voice reverberated through the mirror.
"You don't see them?" He asked, turning his face towards her.
She looked to us again, then shook her head. "No." She said sadly. "No I don't. I'm sorry."
Why was she apologising? Was it because she couldn't see us but wanted too, or did she think he was hallucinating.
She reached out and touched his arm.
Looking back towards the mirror, she gasped.
"Jareth Everild where the hell have you been hiding!" She yelled through the mirror.
"Ruby. I'm in a parallel universe-" He said back. He tried to continue, but she cut him off.
"I know, I can tell that by the fact your not here, there's two of you and who is that girl..."
I tried to answer her bit sure carried on.
"Never mind that. Where's Sarah, you need to keep your eyes on her at all times. She's in trouble. I need to speak with her too. Tell her something I noticed that she needs to tell you. Why are you looking down at the floor like that?"
She asked the question so quickly I barely heared her ask it.
"Sarah's been kidnapped." I answered in the lightest way possible because I head a feeling that if Jareth Everild was left to answer, he would break down or burst into tears.
"What?" Her voice demanded, shocked. Suddenly, she made a break for the mirror. I lurched backward to get out of her way, as if somehow she would actually break through the mirror. But before I could find out, Gareth grabbed her by the arm.
"What the hell was that!" He demanded, pulling her away from the mirror slightly.
"They need my help over there. Sarah's missing!" She yelled back at him, struggling to pull out of his grip.
"You're human now Ruby. The journey between the world's would kill you. That's if you even made it that far. How do you know you'll get thorough, you might just run into the mirror!" He yelled, Ruby still fighting against his grip. "Please." He said in a calmer tone. "I don't want to lose you too." And that was it, she stopped moving and gave a slight nod of her head. He let go.
She turned back towards the mirror torching a hand to her hood. Jareth Everild nodded beside me and she nodded back, pulling her hood down slowly.
She was devastatingly beautiful.
Her blond, curled hair flowed down over her shoulders, her dress tucked in at all the right places on her slim body. Beauty was written al lover her face, he rogue lips standing out against her pale skin.

"Right." She grinned. "Let's make a plan."

Hi guys. I know it's been a long time since we've updated. But please know that is all my fault. On katarina 's chapters, she has always had them written and back to me the same day as mine are published. The delays in uploading are entirely my own, due to not finding time to write the chapters. I had finally got myself info a place where I could juggle everything, but today I found out some rather upsetting news, and is gong to have a big impact on my life. That's all im going to say, I don't really want to talk about it.

Thanks for reading guys. It means a lot.

Labyrinth