A Fall~Chapter Six

The ride to the serpent was long. My friends sat nearer the end of the serpent laughing yet getting ready for a battle. I pull my sword back and got ready to hit the mark. The neck.
Breath.
Inhale.
The world seemed to go quiet around me.
Exhale.
I nod my head.
Inhale.
My friends nod back.
Exhale.
The serpent is nearing.
Inhale,
And strike! The beast growled at me. My scream is heard for miles. It stares at me, lost in rage. Lost in, sadness? I look at it, bringing the wrath of kindness down on him. He does not cry. He does not feel anger toward me. Just the relief of seeing someone who has been lost. The serpent calls off to the heavens and earth. He tells them his life was never in vain. He lived it, to the day he died. I jump with him and fall down to earth. To reality.
"We're coming Ori!" She shouts, but it sounds so distant. I think I may feel this serpents pain, but I will never give in to anger or sadness. I see Taurus flicker out of the sky and Aquarius vanish, but Leo stayed. He nodded at me. I understood.
A cool splash wakes me up. "Alla I would have been fine! Now I'm wet..." I whined. She gives me a look that, would have been hurtful, on someone else's face.
"Really? Do you want to test that?" She was trying to stay serious, but failing and letting out some chuckles.
"I think I'll be alright," I laugh, "Hey Alla did you see the box? Wait... There it is! Let's go!" I start to run towards the small box.

"Oriander!" I turn only to see a wave crash down on the beach. Nothing.

We take the box back to the animal house, and to Forét sombre who was only of 12 years of age. Many must've told her that her fate was to protect the people. Her family was beautiful, but my mind stayed with his voice. Why had it resurfaced now?

Hikaru why did you leave?