Not Her, Not Her Face

"For once you didn't spill blood on your wedding dress."

Nessie was hanging my mom's wedding dress away, but she quickly gave me a death glance.

"That's not funny, Jacob."

"I'm just saying after three weddings where you were the bride, two out of three of those weddings, you managed to get blood on your dress."

I didn't react fast enough and Nessie came after me knocking me down onto the bed. She pinned me down holding my hands above my head while sitting on top of me.

"Jacob, did anyone ever tell you that you're a horrible comedian?"

I let out a loud laugh which made her tighten her grip on my wrists.

"You're hurting me, Nessie."

"That's my intention, Jacob."

I couldn't keep the smile off my face. I tried to lift her off me, but she lost her balance. She hurled to the floor and hit her head on the nightstand. I got up as fast as I could and lifted her up.

"Nessie, I'm sorry. So sorry, are you ok?"

I tucked her hair back to find any injuries to her head. I'm not sure why I did, knowing she would have healed before I could find any injuries. She started to giggle hysterically.

"Now you're the one not being funny, Nessie."

She raised herself up and fixed her untidy hair.

"I think it's time I feed."

Nessie and I headed out to the Cullen's house later that day. Her taste for human food became bland for her and she was hoping to gain more strength, plus she missed the adventure of hunting. Edward joined his daughter for the hunt, but it was more for added protection for Nessie.

Bella stayed behind with me.

"Jacob, Renesmee told me the imprint was removed, but you still love her."

"I still do of course. I explained to her it got rid of the imprint, but love prevailed, Bella. The imprint may have brought us together, but love kept us together."

"You're so good to her, Jacob. Thank you."

Alice was unable to foresee anything since the Salteaux were shape shifters as well, so everyone was on guard. I had hoped Nessie would enjoy extending the stay at her parents, but she felt like a prisoner for the past week.

"Jacob, let's take a break. Escape a little."

"Nessie, I'm not risking any chances. The last time I left you alone, you ended up almost walking down the aisle with another man."

Why did she always want to test my patience? She gave a stern look of disapproval at my comment. I didn't care how she felt, but it seemed she wasn't going to let this conversation end.

"Jacob, you'll be with me. We'll just get out of town for a bit."

"Out of town!" She had me raising my voice. My hands ran deep through my hair. I stared down hard on her. She stepped back a few steps. At least she knew I wasn't going to back down and let her have her way. Somehow, she challenged me and slowly came forward.

"Jacob Black. I think if the Salteaux wanted to seek revenge, they would have done so the moment we escaped. I believe they are fully aware that we're more of a threat to them than they are to us."

"Nessie, we're not having this argument. The answer is no."

She stormed out of the room and headed towards the door before grabbing the keys.