Beginning

"My life sucks..." I moaned and fell on my bed. We were moving. What could be worse than leaving your hometown,your friends,your childhood house...everything. This was bad in ways I couldn't even imagine."Angeline!Hurry up already" Mom yelled." Coming Mom!" I replied and took a final glance at my bedroom. Heaving a sigh,I grudgingly went to our car."Are you mssing anything? Like books or something" Mom asked."She always misses something and then comes back whining at us to go back and bring it" Mason smirked.I shook my head and sat in the seat. I watched my house slowly move away from my sights as Mom drove away from the driveway.

Ever since I was two, it was always Mom,Mason and me.Mason is one year older than me and was in 12th grade while I'm 16.I never exactly knew my dad because Mason told me that he left us when I was two so I have no memories of him.We don't even have a photo of him which I think is ridiculous but I didn't ask my mother about this because this was a touchy and taboo subject in our household.

From what Mom told me, we were moving to South Carolina and I knew starting over was gonna be difficult because of my..ability. Ever since I was conscious of my memories,I knew that I could heal people and myself. But that didn't mean I was immune to every illness, it was just that I could recover from the illness at a much faster rate than normal people. Moving ultimately sucked because I was so used to my childhood friends who didn't find anything weird about me but now since we're moving it was going to be lonely for me.Controlling my abilities was not difficult but I had to be careful when I accidentally touched my friends when they're hurt.The down side was that I got bad tummy cramps when the need to heal something or someone arised

"MOM! Are we there yet?" Mason whined."Yeah,we're nearing the town" Mom replied.I sighed and fiddled with the stereo. I looked out of the window. It seemed like the new place was in the country-side. All I could see was endless rows of trees and scenery.Then there it was: Welcome to South Carolina .Ugh..this was going to be tough. I closed my eyes and laid my head on the window."I think we're here" Mason yelled in my ear. I awoke with a start.I scowled at him and looked out of the window.My brother could be such a pain in the ass sometimes.Soon, people started appearing and rows of houses could be seen. I caught flashes of a beach until the car halted to a stop."Oh my god" I whispered."This is our home"Mom said."A little cliche don't you think?"Mason retorted but he stopped when he saw the house.

The house was indeed beautiful.This house was the only house in three acres."This house..the land..everything is ours?"I asked mom.She nodded not taking her eyes off the house.The house was an ocean front home with three levels and was meticulously restored."Hello!" a cheerful voice chirped.We all turned our heads.It was the neighbours,I think.She was a middle-aged woman.She was kind of doughy and-"Oof"I breathed.She was hugging me and introduced herself as Ms Del.I smiled and introduced myself.Once nobody paid attention to me,I started to unload all the luggage hurriedly and dragged them to the front porch.Mason opened the front door with the keys.My breath caught as I looked around.I faintly heard waves crashing on the shore.The living room was painted all cool colours with very light green paint artistically streaked.The flooring was a dark walnut.The house,clearly,had good architecture.I rushed upstairs through the winding staircase to choose my room before Mason or anyone could for that matter.

I looked through all the rooms and got hooked on the last one.It was the biggest room with a bathroom.I stepped inside and gasped.There was a balcony.I ran towards it and opened the intricately designed gate."Wow" I breathed.I could see everything.I saw tall buildings in the distance and the beach over a ridge.Waves crashed rhythmically onto the shore and the water was a gorgeous light blue turning darker as far as the eye could see.A breeze caressed my body.I breathed in the air and tasted salt.Maybe everything won't turn out bad